Brutus 10 Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jweidman

Reaction score
Hey guys so im starting to buy parts to build my Brutus 10 and i was wondering if anyone has used a 1/16 temp controller.

or would i be able to use a STC-1000 for control the flame.

thanks guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
The price looks good on that PID controller. I'm using a pair of STC-1000's but at the price point of that PID I would consider it.

It does work on 110 AC (I am assuming you want AC as it will work on both) Just don't expect a lot of help from people troubleshooting since it isn't what most of us have used.
People have used the STC-1000's in some basic on-off type control. They don't have the ability to learn your system so you might see some large temp swings depending on how your system is setup.

-G

An STC 1000 works great to control a RIMS tube with a relatively small element (1500 watt) making 15 gallon batches.

An STC 1000 works great to control a RIMS tube with a relatively small element (1500 watt) making 15 gallon batches.

im using propane and will have to rig it up with a gas shut off valve. but i think im gonna end up going with the STC-1000 for my build.

I just ordered the AGPtek PID controller you linked - good price and what looks and is rated to be a very solid device. The big difference is that the STC1000 can control an output directly. The AGPtek is designed for the use of an SSR on the output. You can even have multiple SSRs trigger simultaneously (with each SSR having a different voltage type and output range - so you could control a DC solenoid valve and a 110 vac pump at the same time off of one PID controller if you wanted).

I just ordered the AGPtek PID controller you linked - good price and what looks and is rated to be a very solid device. The big difference is that the STC1000 can control an output directly. The AGPtek is designed for the use of an SSR on the output. You can even have multiple SSRs trigger simultaneously (with each SSR having a different voltage type and output range - so you could control a DC solenoid valve and a 110 vac pump at the same time off of one PID controller if you wanted).

awesome, let me know how it works out for you, are you running a Electric system or a Propane?

RIMS = electric. Propane isn't an option.

I am propane for my BK and HLT, though. But neither has a controller unless you consider me one.

I used the mypin PIDs on a propane herms system. They switch on furnace valves to control the flame and work great. If you buy ssr output pids they will switch the valves without a ssr relay. I accidentally bought the relay output ones, so I just added the external relays.

Latest posts

Back