Bru'n Water - RO vs Distilled vs DI

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

srice

Reaction score
I have finally given up on my local water supply. I live in a small town with it's own water system which draws from multiple sources. My water chemistry varies by month and by amount of recent rainfall. I've realized that I am chasing a moving target and made the decision to go ahead and buy a RO/DI system. Looking at Bru'n Water, I see that there is a difference between RO and Distilled water. I have a DI stage at the end of my water system. Should I still use the RO selection of go ahead and pick the Distilled selection?

It isn't going to make any practical difference. If your source water is very high in minerals such that even with 95 - 99% rejection there are concentrations over, say, 10 mg/L then use the actual numbers. If you have 1 - 5 mg/L of this and that just use 0 for everything which is what a DI water profile should indicate. DI water does have alkalinity of about 2.5 mg/L but as that is pretty small you can just use 0 for that too as I doubt most spreadsheets/calculators account for it.

Back