Bru'n water & low oxygen brewing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geobots

Reaction score
Been using the awesome bru n water calculator for some time now with great results. One of the things i ve been meening to improve in my beers is reducing dissolved oxygen. Along with closed system transfer i have been reading about some of the suggestions of low oxygen brewing and wanted to try using sodium metabisulfite which provides protection from dissolved oxygen. Was wondering how i could adjust the mineral additions in bru n water calculator to take into consideration sbm, if possible

Been using the awesome bru n water calculator for some time now with great results. One of the things i ve been meening to improve in my beers is reducing dissolved oxygen. Along with closed system transfer i have been reading about some of the suggestions of low oxygen brewing and wanted to try using sodium metabisulfite which provides protection from dissolved oxygen. Was wondering how i could adjust the mineral additions in bru n water calculator to take into consideration sbm, if possible

I think Martin now accounts for the Sulfate and Sodium/Potassium contributions but not the pH drop.

Thanks for your replies! Sorry if i sound stupid, how would i proceed to enter in the Bru n Water calculator that am adding for example 3gr SBM in mash water and 1 gr in Sparge water, so i could see how this affects my water profile?

apologies, just figured out it was included in the supporters edition. Thanks again for a great tool!

Back