bru'n water dilution question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shawnylocks

Reaction score
i have a question that isnt making sense to me about bru'n water. on the water adjustment page it askes for % of dilution water. i am chosing 50% distilled for that number. then on the summary page it it is saying to only dilute the mash water and not the sparge water. so, for a 5.5 gal batch it is telling me mash water should be 1.8 gals of distilled and total mash water needed is 3.5 and 4.5 gals of total sparge water. i have been told it is just the mash water i am dilluting but i am also hearing it is 50% of the total water needed. what is everyone doing for this ? thanks in advance

There's a separate "sparge acidification" page where you can set parameters for your sparge water, including dilution percentage. Did you try that?

You can use diluted source water for mashing and use straight distilled water for sparging. Or dilute enough source water to use for both mashing and sparging.

There's a separate "sparge acidification" page where you can set parameters for your sparge water, including dilution percentage. Did you try that?

on the sparger acidification page i dont think i changed anything with dilution water.

You can use diluted source water for mashing and use straight distilled water for sparging. Or dilute enough source water to use for both mashing and sparging.
if i used straight distilled for sparging wouldnt that be diluting too much compared to my additions as it stands now?

The dilution percentage can be set differently for mashing and sparging waters. People do use the feature. Be sure that you’ve set that percentage on both pages.

Back