Brumatic Controller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

56Beers

Reaction score
I'm nearing the end of a year of work building a brew room. HERMS system, 3 converted kegs etc. I can't afford the eBrew Supply or Kal's units and don't want to wait another year to get my new set up going trying to build from a kit. Anyone have experience with Brumatic 30A controllers? Any advise on something proven under $1000 would be appreciated. I was looking at High Gravity but the comments are not encouraging. Thanks!

I'm still picking up pieces to build my e-herms, but i've narrowed it down to two controllers the Brumatic DBC-2PM30 ($600) and ebrewsupply DIY 30amp Complete Kit ($1050).

The DBC-2PM30 gives you everything you need at a decent price, seem like it's setup to do mashing just like you would with a kal clone, then at boil time you get the infinite control (which i'd rather have vs manual pid). I'm curious if it uses Auber PID's cause the ad says "PID module fully compatible with Auber SYL-2362...". I also like the fact that the builder is in my neck of the woods :)

I also have the ebrewsupply DIY complete kit on my list because I like to tinker and like the extra pid and timer and fancy lock in plugs. I also like the fact of if I build it, then i know the controller inside and out and can service it myself. For $1050 it's a decent price in my opinion.

I'd also like to hear from folks who do have a Brumatic controller :)

Good luck in your build!

djreson;6790706 I'm curious if it uses Auber PID's cause the ad says "PID module fully compatible with Auber SYL-2362...". [/QUOTE said:
No, technically it's not an Auber PID. But it has the same electronics, same user interface, same commands and same enclosure. Just a different labeling.

No, technically it's not an Auber PID. But it has the same electronics, same user interface, same commands and same enclosure. Just a different labeling.

what brand is it? is it possible it comes from the manufacturer in china that makes the units for auberins?
I noticed that even the cheap rex c100 from RTk uses the same enclosure as the auber units but different internals.

EDIT*** I see these are the XMT612 units I saw on Alibaba a while ago....
according to your other thread these use different internals just the same enclosure and menu structure https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f170/p...12-vs-syl-2362-strip-show-476122/#post6791019 ... my guess is they are clones of some sort.
I found them for $25 a piece with free shipping....

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/pro...ature-Controller-XMT612/209587_598878204.html

I'm still picking up pieces to build my e-herms, but i've narrowed it down to two controllers the Brumatic DBC-2PM30 ($600) and ebrewsupply DIY 30amp Complete Kit ($1050).

The DBC-2PM30 gives you everything you need at a decent price, seem like it's setup to do mashing just like you would with a kal clone, then at boil time you get the infinite control (which i'd rather have vs manual pid). I'm curious if it uses Auber PID's cause the ad says "PID module fully compatible with Auber SYL-2362...". I also like the fact that the builder is in my neck of the woods :)

I also have the ebrewsupply DIY complete kit on my list because I like to tinker and like the extra pid and timer and fancy lock in plugs. I also like the fact of if I build it, then i know the controller inside and out and can service it myself. For $1050 it's a decent price in my opinion.

I'd also like to hear from folks who do have a Brumatic controller :)

Good luck in your build!
Thanks -- great feedback. I agree - hoping someone using these chimes in.

Latest posts

Back