Brooklyn Brew Shop's Grapefruit Honey Ale - Tips and Advice

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TasunkaWitko

Reaction score
Hello -

I'm set to begin my first ever brew of any beer - hopefully this weekend - it will be the Grapefruit Honey Ale mix from Brooklyn Brew Shop:

[ame]http://vimeo.com/36299962[/ame]

http://brooklynbrewshop.com/beer-making-kits/grapefruit-honey-ale

My purpose with starting this thread is to ask anyone who has made this recipe to post any tips or advice specific to this recipe. As I understand it, the Grapefruit Honey Ale is also in BBS's recipe book, so any experiences from those who have used that source would be appreciated as well.

I am sure that I'll have more questions, but I'll open with this:

Reading the directions, It says to add the peel from a grapefruit; the thing is, we all know that the white part underneath is quite bitter, and I'd like to keep the bitterness down as much as possible. With that, has anyone tried adding the zest only? How did that work, compared to using the whole peel?

On a related note, it seems from reading here that the recipe book says to toast the peel in the oven, but this direction is not on the instructions with this kit. Many ingredients benefit from a little toasting, and with the sugars etc. in grapefruit zest, I am guessing that such would be the case here. Has anyone tried this both ways as well? What were the results?

Normally, I would hesitate to stray from the instructions or recipe the first time I embarked on a project, but in this case, it seems that those two variations might help me to get the beer that I am looking for. My goal is to squeeze as much grapefruit flavour as possible with as little bitterness as possible. If zesting and toasting will achieve that, then I'll give it a shot. :mug:

I know that some recipes do have you put the whole peel in (I did a lime rye and the lime peel that they sell at the homebrew store is dried, but with the whole peel). That being said, using fresh fruit I myself would probably only use the zest, your bitterness should come from the hops, not adjuncts unless it is an experimental and or historically correct style. Also, the bitterness from pith (the white part of the peel) can be astringent if there is enough of it, or so I have heard, and there is certainly a lot of it when you consider the surface area of a grapefruit. I bet there's a 1-800 number on the kit you could call for clarification if you can't decide which way though. I have never heard of toasting/ heating the fruit before adding, but I have only done the one beer with a fruit with peel, others have been berries. Good luck!

As weird as it seems, put the whole peel in. It gives you a snap of bitterness in the after taste that is unique.

I did this one twice and love it.

I made it without any grapefruit peel and it's a solid pale ale with just the grains/candi sugar/honey etc. Get some StarSan rather than using the supplied sanitizer and don't use as much honey for carb'ing as they suggest when it's time to bottle (mine was overcharged).

I did a five gallon batch of a grapefruit IPA where I grated the peel of two, large ruby red grapefruit, which I then steeped in vodka for a week before adding it in with the dry hops in a hop bag. The peels and vodka all went into the beer when I racked it to secondary. It turned out amazing, with lots of grapefruit aroma and flavor...

tacks said:
I bet there's a 1-800 number on the kit you could call for clarification if you can't decide which way though.

Tacks, when I read this in your reply, it made so much sense that I did exactly that - after all, why not go to the source? :mug:

Here was there reply:

Brooklyn Beer Shop said:
Hi Ron,

Happy to answer your questions.

First off, you can definitely just add the zest from the grapefruit. It is best to avoid as much of the white pith as possible to avoid excessive bitterness, just as you suspected.

Second, while it's true we say to dry the grapefruit peel in the oven, we have begun adding the peel fresh. We find that the fresh peel adds more of a bright, floral aroma.

Hopefully this information is somewhat helpful.

Happy Brewing!

Erica & Stephen
Brooklyn Brew Shop
brooklynbrewshop.com

Based on that advice, and because it seems to work toward my stated goals above, I'll try it as they say: zesting rather than peeling (in order to preclude any pith), and adding thezest fresh rather than toasted.

ericbw said:
As weird as it seems, put the whole peel in. It gives you a snap of bitterness in the after taste that is unique.

Eric, once I get more confident in my brewing and develop my palate a little, I'll give this a shot!

teleplucker said:
Get some StarSan rather than using the supplied sanitizer

Teleplucker, is there any specific reason for this? I'm about 300 miles from a home-brew supply store, but if it will truly be a better option, I can put off starting my project and order some.

teleplucker said:
don't use as much honey for carb'ing as they suggest when it's time to bottle (mine was overcharged).

Good to know - I had this happen once when I made some Finnish mead, and would prefer that it didn't happen again!

Thanks to all for the advice, and please do keep it coming.

KeninMN said:
I did a five gallon batch of a grapefruit IPA where I grated the peel of two, large ruby red grapefruit, which I then steeped in vodka for a week before adding it in with the dry hops in a hop bag. The peels and vodka all went into the beer when I racked it to secondary. It turned out amazing, with lots of grapefruit aroma and flavor...

Ken - when I get a little more experience, I will have to try what you suggest, because I do love the qualities of grapefruit. Thanks!

I made this beer per the instructions, including the peel. I was underwhelmed. My friends seems to like it ok, but nothing wonderful. If I did it again, and if I was going to use grapefruit again, I would do a few things differently and I think it would have been much better. First, I would have scraped as much of the white rind as reasonably possible. I thought I took a lot off, but it could have been more. Second, I would have dehydrated the peel more. I used a dehydrator and I took it to where I usually dehydrate my fruit for snacks (a bit of flexibility/moisture left). It needs to be super dry. Finally, I would do my best to keep the fermentation temperature down in the proper range. I think this is the biggest factor. Mine finished with some fruity off flavor sand a bit of strange sharpness that I think was from the oil on the peel.

Aside from that, use less honey than is reccomended. Best of luck, I hope yours turns out great. I loved my BBS kits and it got me hooked on this hobby.

EDIT: I was posting when you replied. Based upon the response from BBS I would just add the peel fresh. But, I would cut it from the outside as thin as possible. The problem I see with grating is that you will end up with some in the bottles and that would be a bad thing I think. As for the star san, while it is a better product, and one step (what the kit comes with) is not technically classified as a sanitizer, just use it, although it would not be considered to be best practice. I did 6 batches without an issue with the provided sanitizer.

I agree with the star san as a MUST. I use plain old bleach to sanitize when I'm getting a fermenter ready to accept wort (just make sure you rinse with sterile water 3 or 4 times) or getting a reading on a hydrometer. However, when you bottle, star san makes things so much easier it's hard to justify NOT using it. Even if you don't use it with this batch, order it for your next batch, it is handy and if you only use when bottling, one bottle will last you 3 months to a year depending on how often you brew. It's all a matter of preference but I have found a great sense of reliability in the product; and as long as you can handle giving your hands an hour of an acid bath, I don't think there is any other product that as many home brewers will get behind in regards to sanitation. Also, it bears to mention that if you have a "SANITIZER ONLY" bucket like I do, it can be saved as others can verify.

Here's something funny. One year ago, this was their response to the question about including the whole peel or the zest:

"We do mean for you to include the entire dried grapefruit peel for the Grapefruit Honey Ale! As you mentioned, the pith gives the beer a fantastic bitterness. But really our intention is for you to make whatever you think tastes good!"

I now suspect that they simply tell the emailer whatever they think the brewer wants to hear. I said it has a great bitterness, they agree. You say it might be too bitter, they agree. (Joke)

This is a pale ale, not really a fruit beer. Bitter is a good thing in this one.

I don't know why they had you roast it before. I kind of think it probably makes little difference. I did notice that it doesn't exactly brown in the time they specify... if ever.

This will be on my list again for summer.

My understanding of their instructions were that they specified that the grapefruit peel was to be dried. I accomplished that by putting it into a dehydrator, but you can do the same by using an oven on the lowest setting. IIRC, my peel had about 15-20% pith left. It left the beer with a bitter aftertaste that was not enjoyable. It almost had a rancid taste. If I did it again (I do not plan to) I would do one of two things: either remove all pith/cut the peel from the outside, or not use the grapefruit peel. I will also state again that this beer will benefit from proper temperature control, at least for the first week. If you cannot keep the fermentation temperature down (upper 60s) then I suggest using a wet towel or, even better, putting it into a small cooler with a frozen gallon jug of water and switch jugs every day or so.

Thanks for the further repiles, gentlemen - adding this to my knowledge base will definitely be helpful.

I will certainly order some StarSan for future brewing. One complication is that I live several hundred miles from the nearest brewing supply store, but then again, I guess that's what the internet is for, right? :mug:

I got to reading a little more about this particular mix/recipe, and it looks like the primary source of the citrus/grapefruit flavour is intended to be from the hops, with the grapefruit peel as a way to "pump up the citrus." I have a citrus zester, which brings the zest off in long strips, versus the tiny particles from grating, so I am reasonably sure that I can keep the pieces big enough to stay out of the final product; also, I have a very, very fine-mesh strainer on my funnel as a final protection.

Based on this, I'll stick with the outside part only and see how it goes. If it's not bitter enough, I can make sure some pith is there next time as I am sure that I will be making this again. The flavour profile simply appleals to me.

My main concern about bitterness is because it is one of the number-one complaint that my wife has about all of the beers I've had her try. If I can keep it in check for my first home brew, I can hopefully get her interested in the process, which should lead to more "moral support" when I want to acquire more brewing stuff! (and yes, by "moral support," I do mean "permission to buy....")

As far as drying the peel, it doesn't look to me as if it would be necessary, since it is (according to the directions) added during the final 5 minutes or so of boiling. It seems that adding it fresh would make more sense, since it wouldn't need some of that precious 5 minutes to re-hydrate. If my logic here is flawed, please let me know.

Temperature control might be interesting, since I live in northern Montana and this time of year we can get highs in the 80s with lows down near freezing the same night. I've got a closet that is pretty well insulated and can hold a constant temperature, but I am not sure what that temperature will be. It sounds as if a cooler temperature is better than a warmer temperature, with the caveat that fermentation might take a little longer. The longer time is not too big a deal, since by almost all accounts the process takes a week or so longer than the instructions say, anyway.

Thanks again for all replies - since this is my first and it is also a flavour profile that I really want to try, I am interested in seeing it turn out well.

Have you refs about swamp coolers or water baths for keeping temp down? I predict you'll have more struggle to keep it low. Aim for 65.

When I started brewing, I was afraid of hops. I backed off every recipe. They weren't better that way, though.

Re: StarSan - as noted, go with the included sanitizer and mail order some for bottling.

I didn't find it very bitter, but my wife did. For perspective, she finds anything more bitter than Big Sky Summer Honey to be too much:).

We are near each other - I'm in S Alberta, which is basically N Montana :). I've been using a sort of swamp cooler in my 65F basement to keep the fermentation temps in the low to mid 60s.

Good morning, gents, and thank you for the replies.

ericbw said:
When I started brewing, I was afraid of hops. I backed off every recipe. They weren't better that way, though.

Eric, I have a feeling I'll be the same, eventually - I might even try one of these IPAs I keep eharing about!

teleplucker said:
We are near each other - I'm in S Alberta, which is basically N Montana :)

Howdy, neighbour! I'm not too far away at all - I live in Chinook and work in Havre, and consider myself fortunate to call this region my home. I've spent some time at ElkWater, Redcliff and Medicine Hat, and have a very good friend in Drumheller. It's good to see someone on the forum who lives nearby.

I see both of you mentioned a swamp cooler set-up; if I get the idea correctly, it looks like a great wat to keep the temperatures steady, and with a fan or a space heater it looks like a person could go both warm or cold, whichever is needed for the right temperature. I'll definitely be considering this as I get to that point.

Well, everyone, there has been a slight change in plans, but nothing drastic or tragic!

When I was inspecting my stuff the other evening, I noticed that my yeast for this mix had expired (I got the kit for my birthday). I emailed Brooklyn Brew Shop and they are sending a new yeast packet, so it will take a few days to arrive. In the meantime, I am expecting delivery of my Chocolate Maple Porter from BBS TODAY:

http://brooklynbrewshop.com/beer-making-mixes/chocolate-maple-porter-1-gallon-mix-w-o-kit

So, it looks like that one will be my first brew! I'm really looking forward to giving this a start, and will start a new thread dedicated to the Chocolate Maple Porter in order to generate discussion and keep track of my progress. The Grapefruit Honey Ale will be my second brew, and I will re-visit this thread when the time comes.

Thanks to all for your comments and suggestions, and please feel free to keep them coming. I'll be back to this thread soon! :mug:

FWIW, if you have a second fermenter, you could always toss a whole grapefruit peel in to "dry hop" and see how you like each version. I am doing 3 beers for my wedding in about a year and a half and at this point am doing test batches since I will need to decide what yeast, hops, grains etc I will decide to use for all 3 beers. It's fun to experiment, and whatever your wife doesn't like because it's too bitter means that you get to drink it. Just saying. Great luck to you in your future endeavors and I hope that your first batch turns out great so that you don't have a *bitter* taste in your mouth for the *hoppy*. Sorry, couldn't resist the AWFUL puns. Great luck to you though, in all seriousness. Check the forums for other recipes less bitter to placate SWMBO.

Sounds like a great idea, tacks - I have a feeling that this particular mix might turn out to be my favourite of the bunch, so there's no reason not to experiment a little.

The fresh packet of yeast for this mix should be arriving any day. I got my chocolate maple porter going last night, and it looks like it's doing well:

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f39/brooklyn-brew-shops-chocolate-maple-porter-tips-advice-492568/

The grapefruit honey ale is indeed in line to be my second brew; probably to be followed by BBS's Smoked Wheat.

My replacement yeast packet arrived from Brooklyn Brew Shop in yesterday's mail, so this is project is indeed "on deck" as my second brew.

Looking forward to giving it a try!

Now we're slowly warming up for Xmas wonder if anyone tried this with orange peel instead?

For my first one, I'm going to stick to grapefruit, but for future attempts, I definitely plan to try orange - also lemon-lime ~

Well, after a lot of false-starts and un-planned delays, I am set to brew this mix this coming weekend. This is one that I have been wanting to try for a very long time, and I can't wait to give it a go.

Options here include using the whole peel of the grapefruit or the zest only; also, some folks toast the peel or zest in the oven a few minutes in order to give it a little caramelisation. I am inclined toward using the zest only, but am undecided as to the toasting. Based on BBS's reply to my query, I probably won't do it this time. We'll see how it goes.

Friday evening is the target date for brewing, so with luck, I'll be posting an update at that time.

Well, after a lot of false-starts and un-planned delays, I am set to brew this mix this coming weekend. This is one that I have been wanting to try for a very long time, and I can't wait to give it a go.

Options here include using the whole peel of the grapefruit or the zest only; also, some folks toast the peel or zest in the oven a few minutes in order to give it a little caramelisation. I am inclined toward using the zest only, but am undecided as to the toasting. Based on BBS's reply to my query, I probably won't do it this time. We'll see how it goes.

Friday evening is the target date for brewing, so with luck, I'll be posting an update at that time.

I roasted it, per the recipe in the book, but I hear their advice now is not to bake it.

But use the whole peel. It gives it a unique bitterness that is different from the hops.

I was finally able to brew my Grapefruit Honey Ale tonight; it is in the middle of the boil as I type this.

The process went fairly easily, with no significant event or complication. As always, I brewed this beer with Big Spring water from Lewistown, Montana as a foundation. Temperature control during the mash was quite consistent, thanks to my use of my enameled cast-iron Dutch oven. Sparging was easy and efficient, thanks to my use of three vessels. At the beginning of the boil right after the hot break, I added my Columbia hops.

At 30 minutes I will add some Cascade hops, and at 55 minutes I will add more Cascade hops along with the peel and zest from one large grapefruit. At the end of the boil, I will add in my Belgian candied sugar and some honey from our local apiary. After that, I will cool the wort down below 70 degrees, pitch my yeast, set up my blow-off tube and forget about my beer for two or three weeks, until it is time to bottle.

I am expecting some very good beer, if the aromas during the mash and boil are any indication.

As for the choice of using the whole peel or just the zest, The Beautiful Mrs. Tas warned me that this beer had better not be too bitter, so I went mostly with the zest; however, the zester I used has a larger blade that shaved off bigger, thicker slices of peel, so I used that for part of the process as well. We'll see what the effect is from the combination of the to types of peel/zest.

Update - I checked the fermenter yesterday morning, and again today. Fermentation is going very nicely, with plenty of active signs including a bubbling blow-off tube, a nice, clean foam on top of the wort and the beginnings of some wonderful, healthy krausen.
So far, so good!

I've been checking my fermenter daily, and it looks just about right. There never was any overly-vigorous fermentation, but it is definitely taking place, and that is what matters. Ambient temperatures have been steadily in the high 60s, so the conditions are all right. I might "kick the jug" (figuratively speaking) in order to make sure that the yeasts are doing their work, but things are looking good.

Tonight, I will replace the blow-off tube with an air-lock, then wait out the rest of the time (probably 3 weeks total) until bottling. In the meantime, I've got a couple of ideas for label design..... :)

I had an extremely long and bumpy month of July, followed by an August that wasn't much better; as a result, I did not get this beer bottled until last night.

The beer itself looked great - it was amazingly clear and had a nice, dark-amber colour that really looked incredible. I believe that it turned out a little darker than it should, but I am not overly-concerned about this. The aroma was very enticing - malty with a warm citrus note that I am really looking forward to experiencing.

The bottling went very smoothly; I always hope for 10 bottles from my 1-gallon batches, but this time I only got 8. This seems to be par for the course - now and then I might get 9 bottles, but I end up with sediment when I try too hard to squeeze every last bottle from the batch. With my next batch or two, I might try racking to a secondary after a couple of weeks, and I will see if that helps.

One "trick" that I picked up which is especially helpful is to have my son shine the flashlight of his iPod toward the bottle while filling. The room that I usually bottle my beer in must not have the best lighting, because I can never seem to see what's going on in the necks as I fill the bottles. The flashlight helped with this immensely.

There was a little beer left over after bottling, perhaps a third of a bottle, and I was impressed with the sampling I took. In every way, I think that this might ultimately be my favourite brew yet. The grapefruit came through perfectly, balancing the malts and working with the hops to provide a unique bitterness that was just enough without being too much. I know that this is supposed to be a summer beer, but I can't help thinking that - with the substitution of orange and the addition of a cinnamon stick and a few cloves - it might be excellent for the holiday season, as well.

I am not sure if the extended time sitting in the fermenter helped or hurt, but all-in all, the beer was definitely worth the wait - and will continue to be so, I hope. I will allow the beer to condition in the bottles for three weeks, then refrigerate for an additional week before sampling. I'm looking forward to trying it, and will try to remember to report on results.

Ron

I was wondering why you hadn't posted recently.

2 and a half months in the fermenter. That's crazy but should be fine.

When I bottle my beer, I generally leave it alone for 2 weeks, then put my labels on. While putting them on, I take the opportunity to look and see if the bottles appear to have carbonated. In reality, I am probably just guessing, but it hasn't failed me yet.

While applying the labels, the bottles get jostled around a bit, which stirs any yeasts and ensures that if any bottles haven't carbonated fully, they will. After this, I leave the bottles alone for another week, then put them in the refrigerator at least over-night, or until I drink them.

I don't know if this is "proper" or not, but it has worked for me, so I don't see much reason to change, unless someone has a good reason or a better way.

Based on this time table, I should be reporting on this beer next weekend!

When I bottle my beer, I generally leave it alone for 2 weeks, then put my labels on. While putting them on, I take the opportunity to look and see if the bottles appear to have carbonated. In reality, I am probably just guessing, but it hasn't failed me yet.

While applying the labels, the bottles get jostled around a bit, which stirs any yeasts and ensures that if any bottles haven't carbonated fully, they will. After this, I leave the bottles alone for another week, then put them in the refrigerator at least over-night, or until I drink them.

I don't know if this is "proper" or not, but it has worked for me, so I don't see much reason to change, unless someone has a good reason or a better way.

Based on this time table, I should be reporting on this beer next weekend!

Good process! I chill longer - usually 3 days minimum but a week is ideal.

Hmmm. I just bottled their Afternoon Wheat kit. I imagine it is supposed to be a light beer but the sample tasted pretty watery. Anyone had this experience? No off flavors or anything. I think my sanitation was good. Just tasted watery. I am pretty sure I followed the instructions to a T. Mashed 145-150, mashed out to 170, then poured 170 water over the grains. The only thing different was that I mashed in a grain bag. I weighed the grains and it came to 2 lb 2 oz for the 1 gallon batch.

Anything I can do to improve my efficency next time? I really like the idea of all grain.

I haven't had that issue, Aristotlian - mine have all come out quite well. I have noticed that the longer they condition in the refrigerator, the better and more "full-bodied" they seem; the most dramatic example of this was with my Kentucky Rye Brown Ale, but it is true with all as far as I can tell.

Grapefruit%20Honey%20Ale.jpg

I sampled my Grapefruit Honey Ale today, and was truly impressed. I must definitely give a huge "shout-out" to The Beautiful Mrs. Tas for getting this for me and opening the door to my brewing interest! I was a little worried about this one, because it sat in the fermenter far longer than I had intended, by about 2 months. Fortunately, the extended time had no effect on the quality, except perhaps to improve it.

The beer itself was a little over-carbonated, but that was my fault. If one is careful opening the bottle, the effort will be worth it, for sure. This American pale ale has a wonderful aroma, which is rich, malty and slightly sweet, but with a fresh and bright citrus highlight. This combination seemed to really bring out the honey as well, as when I close my eyes it was the first thing I thought of. Pouring into the frosted mug, it came out with a beautiful, deep-golden hue, just slightly hazy from the touch of wheat in the grain bill. There was a very nice, very white and very creamy head, which lingered kn the sides of the mug, promising a smooth mouthfeel.

The flavour of this beer is really unique and very good, as well. A light and bright balance is achieved with the hops and grapefruit, bending the sweetness of the malts, grapefruit and honey into a whole new flavour profile that is nothing short of amazing. It really was good in every way, and I would most certainly recommend that anyone who brews beer at home should try this, either using Brooklyn Brew Shop's pre-packaged, all-grain mix, or by using the recipe. In every way, this is a very nice, easy-drinking, refreshing beer that I will definitely be making again!

I haven't had that issue, Aristotlian - mine have all come out quite well. I have noticed that the longer they condition in the refrigerator, the better and more "full-bodied" they seem; the most dramatic example of this was with my Kentucky Rye Brown Ale, but it is true with all as far as I can tell.

Just following up on this in case anyone encounters the issue of a Brooklyn kit tasting watery at bottling. After 10 days in the bottle, I could not resist and cracked one of my Afternoon Wheat brews. I am pleased to report back that the body has improved significantly. It is definitely a light beer but I think that is by design with the high proportion of wheat and no dark malts. I probably should have chosen a different recipe for my first kit, but this turned out OK and will probably improve with a few more weeks in the bottle.

My one critique is that there is very little hop flavor at all. The kit came with only 7g of Palisades, a relatively mild hop. The brew is light enough that it is not cloying, but still would be better with a little more bitterness.

Just following up on this in case anyone encounters the issue of a Brooklyn kit tasting watery at bottling. After 10 days in the bottle, I could not resist and cracked one of my Afternoon Wheat brews. I am pleased to report back that the body has improved significantly. It is definitely a light beer but I think that is by design with the high proportion of wheat and no dark malts. I probably should have chosen a different recipe for my first kit, but this turned out OK and will probably improve with a few more weeks in the bottle.

My one critique is that there is very little hop flavor at all. The kit came with only 7g of Palisades, a relatively mild hop. The brew is light enough that it is not cloying, but still would be better with a little more bitterness.

Maybe you're not a fan of simple wheat beers? The wheat should give it some body, but I like wheat beers with a little crystal malt - 10 or 20 - to give it some more character.

What commercial beer do you like? Pick a kit that is close to that, although Brooklyn's recipes tend to be a little quirky flavored.

Or just add more hops next time. Boulevard makes a wheat that is not bitter but very hoppy up front. Maybe try the same recipe with more hops at 60 minutes and more at 0 or dry hopped.

Maybe you're not a fan of simple wheat beers? The wheat should give it some body, but I like wheat beers with a little crystal malt - 10 or 20 - to give it some more character.

What commercial beer do you like? Pick a kit that is close to that, although Brooklyn's recipes tend to be a little quirky flavored.

Or just add more hops next time. Boulevard makes a wheat that is not bitter but very hoppy up front. Maybe try the same recipe with more hops at 60 minutes and more at 0 or dry hopped.

I think you are right. I have made a Belgian Witbier with a bit of caramel in it, similar to a Blue Moon, that I like better. The BBS Afternoon Wheat kit came out more like a Hefeweizen, probably by design, so I can't hold that against BBS. This beer tasted very similar to Ommegang's Witte, which I had at the airport the other day.

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/42/16506/

After 3 weeks in the bottle, this beer came out totally great! Flavors came together. Nice wheat flavor, mild sweetness, citrus flavor. Really good carbonation with a persistent head. I would brew this again next summer. Amazing after the sample at bottling tasted like sweetened water.

Back