Broken threads and a leaky line

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DerekDH

Reaction score
Hey, I have a slight problem, on the input side of my pump (about 1 inch of male plastic threading) I over tightened a house barb (brass about 1/2 inch of female threading) and in doing so I chipped off some of the male threading on my pump. Now it has a drip that's a little too persistent to ignore. Could I fix this by getting a barb that threads deeper, getting some kind of washer, or do I need to somehow cut those broken threads off (not sure I could). Any ideas? Thanks!

Maybe some kind of food grade/food safe epoxy or glue that I could put on the threats that would seal it and handle 100 C water temps and not leach into my wort?

I did like 4 wraps and still drip drip drip, looks like it's tone to venture to the hardware store.

Your going to need more then 4 wraps try 6 to 8 wraps. Does the fitting still thread on smooth? If it doesn't you may want to pick up a 1/2" die and chase the threads to clean them up. Harbor freight has a cheap set of taps and dies that works well for small projects.

Picked up 2 O rings at the hardware v store, works like a charm, I was told that the thread count is justa little bity off.

Back