broken tap

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beerbellyninja

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

Did a few quick searches and didn't see any results which pertained to my predicament so thought I would ask it here. I had an 'incident' where my beer tap handle snapped off and am now looking to replace it, but wanted to make sure i didn't do anything else dumb.

SO for starters, I was using the standard faucet which came with the kegerator, and because of the break (the handle got stuck and snapped off as I was trying to ease it down) i will need to replace the faucet. I am looking at going for the perlick 650ss or 630ss and i was wondering, do i need to be cognisant about the type of hose connecting down to the coupler?

Also, as I had just tapped the keg, do i just remove the coupler from the keg before changing the faucet or will that cause an overflow of beer spilling out? i'm assuming i cannot just remove the faucet while the keg is still connected.

Thanks for the help.

Disconnect the keg... remove the faucet with a Faucet Wrench.

The Perlick faucet is a great choice.

Hello everyone!

Did a few quick searches and didn't see any results which pertained to my predicament so thought I would ask it here. I had an 'incident' where my beer tap handle snapped off and am now looking to replace it, but wanted to make sure i didn't do anything else dumb.

SO for starters, I was using the standard faucet which came with the kegerator, and because of the break (the handle got stuck and snapped off as I was trying to ease it down) i will need to replace the faucet. I am looking at going for the perlick 650ss or 630ss and i was wondering, do i need to be cognisant about the type of hose connecting down to the coupler?

Also, as I had just tapped the keg, do i just remove the coupler from the keg before changing the faucet or will that cause an overflow of beer spilling out? i'm assuming i cannot just remove the faucet while the keg is still connected.

Thanks for the help.

remove the QD from the liquid/out post and the only leaking that could happen would be whats already sitting in the line

im not sure what you are tlaking about with the tubing. All of those faucets have the same type of connection to the beer shank as far as I know

turn off the co2
release pressure from keg
remove liquid disconnect
remove faucet from shank using faucet wrench
shanks are standard so you should be able to install a perlick without any issues

Latest posts

Back