Bringing Costs Down...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
12 of 22 ozs bottles? I have a load of their 22 ozs bottles, and keep finding cracks in them. They seem weaker than other bottles. I have not used any of their 12 ozs bottles.

12oz. They seem pretty solid.

They do - I've seen it. Apparently I've moved to Nascar country.

I was at a new "high end" grocery store, where they have 50 feet+ of craft/import beer and cider coolers - this guy walks up to me totally confused and asks where the "regular beer" is...

That's both funny and scary:)

For bottles I clean and remove the labels from craft beers. The cost of new bottles is about what a 12 pack of Bud costs so I'm spending a few dollars on good beer!
29.gif
23.gif

For bottles I clean and remove the labels from craft beers. The cost of new bottles is about what a 12 pack of Bud costs so I'm spending a few dollars on good beer!
29.gif
23.gif

That is a positive way to think of things. Craft beer might cost more, initially. But you get those bottles you can use for your own craft beer for Free! It's a bonus! You'll find that those bottles save you a bunch of money. I know that buying bottles isn't cost effective. Saving bottles from craft beer is!

Most of my bottles came from Sierra Nevada. I like their beers, I kept their bottles. Folks, they have pretty good bottles too. Most of my beers are in their bottles. There isn't anything wrong with reusing what you have available.

I have several friends that like SN Pale Ale, It didn't take much effort to get them to save bottles for me. Pretty much any amber bottle that isn't twist off type can be used for your own beers. If you make an effort to collect these, you'll have more than you can use in little time. :mug:

My last bottle count is 130 or so. I've got 10 gallons in primary right now. I feel good about my bottle ratio right now.

Back