Bring on the cold - ice fishing (Canadian style)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bunch of wussies, wore swimming trunks!!!

Hey, this a family forum. But, seriously I miss the ice fishing. Grandpa had a cabin about 80 miles west of Thunder Bay. I had to auger the holes by hand and the ice was usually 3-4 feet thick. So, obviously this video was taken early in the season:)

There is only one lake in San Diego where trout can live year round:(

Hey, this a family forum. But, seriously I miss the ice fishing. Grandpa had a cabin about 80 miles west of Thunder Bay. I had to auger the holes by hand and the ice was usually 3-4 feet thick. So, obviously this video was taken early in the season:)

There is only one lake in San Diego where trout can live year round:(

I used to hate boring the holes, but after I bought my own auger, I learned that a good sharp blade will chew through the ice in no time.

Still not as nice as a power auger, but it can make a hell of a difference! I haven't fished in quite a while, but I always think about it. Maybe I'll get the kids out on the lake a few times this year. Wish I had some sort of wind block. I'm a pussie.

Back