Brewtunes

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rap = Crap lol. When i make my stout there will probably be Arch Enemy Cannibal Corpse and Decide playn maybe some All that remains and bullet for my valentine for sure. Metal rules i listen to mostly metal and classic Rock thats mostly it and maybe some ICP and stuff gotta rep the hatchet lol

Keyboard Sonatas of Domenico Scarlatti....just about any of them (there are around 550). I may play some Creedence for a break, but it's usually Bach to something else sooner or later.......

I just recently discovered the greatness that is Morphine. I think I'll try that next time to drown out the sound of my screaming kids.;)

RIGHT ON!!!! :rockin:

Oh.... :confused:
In fact, I think this is the first brewer posting an affinity for rap.
I actually like some hip hop.... Ludacris for example.

:off:

J/k

I'm definately one of the younger guys here, and my generation grew up with rap. I gotta believe its a generational thing, since rap is still a pretty young genre. Not many older than late 20's listen to rap.

John mayer is one of the greatest guitarists ever, and just an awesome musician period.

Yah, my music tastes are all over the place haha.

Flogging, Dropkick, Pogues, Dubliners....you'd think I'm Irish, but I just enjoy making and drinking beer to good Irish punk.

What do you bump in your brewspace while concocting an new batch of stew?

Me?

Jungle Electronic Music (Pendulum, Prodigy, John Digweed) or
Death Metal (Born of Osiris, Lamb of God, The Black Dahlia Murder)

ha! nice! Sometimes I put on a jungle mix but usually I play some records (my dnb records are just one track per side obviously :p). I tried out some dubstep but it doesn't fit the brewing mood at all.

I almost always play a Slackers album... it's such good brewing music! <3 ska!

Rap = Crap lol. When i make my stout there will probably be Arch Enemy Cannibal Corpse and Decide playn maybe some All that remains and bullet for my valentine for sure. Metal rules i listen to mostly metal and classic Rock thats mostly it and maybe some ICP and stuff gotta rep the hatchet lol

Bowel movement for my valentine? ICP? that has to be the worst classic rock ever! :rolleyes: JK man each unto his own! :mug:

Whats wrong with bullet for my valentine?? Insane Clown Posse you dont like them?

As far as I know there's nothing wrong with them. Their gynecologists may disagree. :D I'm guessing you didn't see what I did there... you mentioned rap = crap, I was just going from there.

I just recently discovered the greatness that is Morphine. I think I'll try that next time to drown out the sound of my screaming kids.;)

Oh, so good! I've been listening to them since a kitchen manager I worked for in college turned me onto them. His life long dream was to go on tour with them selling t-shirts that said "I'm Addicted to Morphine". He went on about a 3 day bender when Sandman passed.

Wait... ICP is rap...

wtf???

Wait... ICP is rap...

wtf???

Yeah it is. But those are juggalo's for you... . . . .
Never making any sense... what a bunch of clowns.
(Pun Intended)

Not many older than late 20's listen to rap.

I disagree. While I am young (25 years old), there are PLENTY of people who listen to rap. Rap existed before 1990 you know, and think of all the people who were 18 in the early 90's... they are almost 40 now!! Anyway... rap now is garbage compared to the good stuff 10 years ago, but that is just a matter of opinion. However I feel a lot of people bump rap.

ha! nice! Sometimes I put on a jungle mix but usually I play some records (my dnb records are just one track per side obviously :p). I tried out some dubstep but it doesn't fit the brewing mood at all.

Records!!!?! Wow, I just recently torrented some old dieselboy cassette mixes. It's weird, I didn't get too into jungle until just recently. I feel that trance and or jungle is a good mood. Especially when drinking while brewing.
:ban:

Records!!!?! Wow, I just recently torrented some old dieselboy cassette mixes. It's weird, I didn't get too into jungle until just recently. I feel that trance and or jungle is a good mood. Especially when drinking while brewing.

Idk, records just feel appropriate. It seems right to listen to music via analog while making something with my hands.

<3 Dieselboy, he and DJ Dara got me hooked. Dungeonmaster's Guide is phenomenal. I'm not a trance guy at all, 4/4 stuff doesn't do it for me, I need the breakbeat :p I've been into a lot of techstep lately and Evol Intent just blows my mind. OH and Ben Sage is freaking ridiculous (sleepless is outrageous, esp with a good system), trance n bass is the closest I get to trance, lol.

Yeah it is. But those are juggalo's for you... . . . .
Never making any sense... what a bunch of clowns.
(Pun Intended)

I disagree. While I am young (25 years old), there are PLENTY of people who listen to rap. Rap existed before 1990 you know, and think of all the people who were 18 in the early 90's... they are almost 40 now!! Anyway... rap now is garbage compared to the good stuff 10 years ago, but that is just a matter of opinion. However I feel a lot of people bump rap.

I wanna know why you liked rap from 10 years ago so much better than now. Nas, Jay, Dre, Eminem, Talib Kweli were making hits 10 years ago, and are still doing it today. Theres just sooo much more depth to the genre today. This is the golden age of rap. Maybe you are confusing rap for hip hop.

I wanna know why you liked rap from 10 years ago so much better than now. Nas, Jay, Dre, Eminem, Talib Kweli were making hits 10 years ago, and are still doing it today. Theres just sooo much more depth to the genre today. This is the golden age of rap. Maybe you are confusing rap for hip hop.

I think there's good emcees around still but by and large the commercial stuff isn't very good. I mean, they make club tracks, so it's not like they're supposed to be taken seriously in the first place... it's not my style so I'm not that great a judge I suppose. Give me some Jedi Mind Tricks or Sage Francis (though I'd rather listen to a Mix Master Mike set or some grime like Akala for my hip-hop fix :p)

Akala is phenomenal

his arctic monkeys freestyle is insane too

Last edited by a moderator:
i shuffle my huge rap and r&B collection. i have some guns n roses, aerosmith, alice in chains godsmack and motley crue in there too.

Some of the newer rap is crap. Like 50 cents or what ever the hell his name is he mumbles the whole time sounds like he just woke up i cant understand him. LiL'Wayne has 1 verse then a bunch of ad-libs(sp?) and is annoying as hell. Also most of new rap and the 1 hit wonder rappers rap about the same crap Money, Ghetto, Drugs (Crack and Weed mostly) and Girls PICK A NEW SUBJECT damit i know i am not one to speak but you listen to older rap and yea they talk about the same things almost but they did it in a better way more in depth about it. But there are some people Like Dre that changes it up some. Eminem talks about the same crap all the time pills, killing his wife, his mom, and pills again. But those are just my opinions.

I listen to all sorts of different music. My last brew was Silversun Pickups, Breaking Benjamin(I went to high school with ben and aaron), Then I switched to Kid Cudi.

IMHO rap is just what it is. Rapping about day to day life. If they want to talk about girls, drugs, alcohol, ghetto life then that's fine. It's all the jerks that have beach homes and five leased cars all with Lambo doors that still act like they live in Inglewood that makes me not like most rap.

See, you guys ragging on rap just hear a random hip hop/pop song on the radio and let it represent the rap genre. like Bovine said theres a lot more than the commercial stuff out there. Radio singles and popular artists albums are usually catered to the club scene and the preteens. You gotta look a little deeper at the mixtapes and the more underground stuff. There is a ton of rap out there about more than money cars hoes, but when your making a club song its not supposed to about anything serious.

Its like hearing nickleback on the radio and saying wow rock music really sucks.

There's a lot more out there than the commercial stuff, you know.

I'm just funnin, cause I don' even listen to rap. That's about the only rap song I really like and I was like 15 when I heard that tape. I don't listen to rap because it has ZERO in common with me and my life.

Of course, if there is some group that you think is just particularly awesome, I'd love to get a link to some samples to check them out. I'd prefer it if they weren't a continuous stream of vulgarity though.

And Jam on it rocked! It took me quite a few tries to get a full version, but now I can annoy my kids with it. Rap with me!

Jam on it! Jam on it!
Jam on and on on and on it!
Jam it on the ground and upside down
Keep on jammin to the Jam On Production sound!

Go crazy! Go crazy!
Don't let your body be lazy
I said, Don't stop the body rock
till your eyesight starts to get hazy!

AW yeah!

I want to write gangsta-style rap about brewing.

Sounds like a plan:

F*ck slangin' bags because I be slangin' hops
2 oz. of Amarillo in my pockets swerving round dem cops
Close yo mouth, shut dem lips, cuz all you do is hatin'
Grippin' a Bugatti while my yeast stay flocculatin'
Drinking brew to the fullest while my pockets stay large
You cats can't even brew steady wit dat stuck sparge

:fro:

That made me very happy sir!

Oh and I have to jump on the rap bandwagon here. There are some really great artists out there making some really important music. I see alot of similarities between Minor Threat/Black Flag era hardcore and the current state of hip-hop (or at least hip-hop of the last decade). IMHO.

Sounds like a plan:

Yo, that sht is ILL! Know i'm sayin? :mug:

Sounds like a plan:

That was hysterical!!

I like to get the SWMBO out the house and get some Libertines, Arctic Monkeys, Kasabian or some other English stuff on or else The Doors, GnR or a few others. Any good drinking music makes good brewing music IMO :mug:

Lets see...DMB, Dead, Phish, Tool, APC, Old Alcoholica, Old Incubus, Rusted Root, Kinski, Led Zep, Besties, Roots, Michael Franti, Flobots, Ben Folds, Deftones, I could keep going but I think you get the point. Anything GOOD

My music mode changes from week to week, so I just play whatever I've been listening to lately.

I try not to put on anything that I need to pay attention to, or else my attention will go to it, or the beer, but never both. Although, brewday before last my girlfriend was watching Three Sheets on my laptop.

Lets see...DMB, Dead, Phish, Tool, APC, Old Alcoholica, Old Incubus, Rusted Root, Kinski, Led Zep, Besties, Roots, Michael Franti, Flobots, Ben Folds, Deftones, I could keep going but I think you get the point. Anything GOOD

Wow, not often that anyone mentions Deftones <3 Good taste.

Back