Brewshed Build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So it's been quite awhile since I updated. Pretty much everything was finished in the Winter/early Spring. And I got my system up and running in Early August. So I finally decided I should get some pics for you guys and show you what the finished product is.

IMAG0379.jpg

IMAG0380.jpg

IMAG0381.jpg

IMAG0382.jpg

IMAG0383.jpg

Here's the Kegerator, which is your standard 7cf chest freezer with the same wood that we used else where in the bar encasing it. It can hold 7kegs at once totally full. I plan on no more than 5 taps going at once in there and have a 5 regulator manifold in order to have each keg at its own pressure. I also plummed in a 2 tap manifold if I want to simply force carb a keg in there at the pressure from my main tank ~28psi which is in the storage closet across the room.

IMAG0162.jpg

IMAG0189_BURST002.jpg

That is absolutely awesome. A bar, a place to chill, and a place to brew!

One question, with the wood surrounding the chest freezer does it cause any issues with cooling? I read that people keep them open for airflow but maybe that is wrong.
I figured you would know since you've been running it for a while now.

One question, with the wood surrounding the chest freezer does it cause any issues with cooling? I read that people keep them open for airflow but maybe that is wrong.
I figured you would know since you've been running it for a while now.

You can't see it in the picture but the airflow area for the keezer is on the lower left side of the unit. Which also is against the wall. The case of the keezer does not cover it and it is open to vent just like if it was sittting as a freezer in your basement.

Love it! Especially the fridge. There's something about having beer in kegs in a fridge behind a bar that excites me!

Are you planning on doing anything further with the bar space? Looks kinda 'bare' at the moment?

Love it! Especially the fridge. There's something about having beer in kegs in a fridge behind a bar that excites me!

Are you planning on doing anything further with the bar space? Looks kinda 'bare' at the moment?

When you say bar space are you talking about wall coverings or back bar? I'm slowly trying to find neons, signs, etc that I like to accent the whole brewery/bar area in general. That fridge was a great find from my friend who was servicing an area grocery/market.

Both!

I was trying to find the right words to explain what I meant. It looks great, but it's definitely missing 'something'!

Some subtle & classy neons/signs etc will finish it off perfectly I think.

Both!

I was trying to find the right words to explain what I meant. It looks great, but it's definitely missing 'something'!

Some subtle & classy neons/signs etc will finish it off perfectly I think.

I know exactly what you are saying, if you looked inside my house it would be obvious that I suck at finding and picking out the little things. I'm always looking for something to spruce things up and any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I know exactly what you are saying, if you looked inside my house it would be obvious that I suck at finding and picking out the little things. I'm always looking for something to spruce things up and any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I think the wall space to the right of the hood above the table needs filling. A nice neon or classy beer picture perhaps?

Maybe some good quality coasters for the bar top?

You need one of those old Guiness signs that says, "Guiness is good for you" or whatever it is. Or maybe one with the toucan on it.

tumblr_majwhcKsDS1qdq1rc.jpg

Actually, I have one of these waiting for a spot to hang it.

hopschart_img0.jpg

You need one of those old Guiness signs that says, "Guiness is good for you" or whatever it is. Or maybe one with the toucan on it.

tumblr_majwhcKsDS1qdq1rc.jpg

Actually, I have one of these waiting for a spot to hang it.

hopschart_img0.jpg

I actually have a nice Wyeast Poster that I got from NHC that I'm going to hang on the wall near the table beside the brew rig. I also am strongly considering a hop poster like you showed above. I would love some Neons - but am waiting for the right one that makes my jaw drop. I happend across a cool Yuengling dogs playing poker sign that I'm going to put in the bathroom I think... haha

I think the wall space to the right of the hood above the table needs filling. A nice neon or classy beer picture perhaps?

Maybe some good quality coasters for the bar top?

I just happend to get a nice coaster holder from a friend who works at a higher end beer bar/store. As to the sign to the right of the hood, i can see where a neon would look good hanging there but because that whole wall is tile I'm a little hesitant to put a could holes in the wall to hang something on it.

I just happend to get a nice coaster holder from a friend who works at a higher end beer bar/store. As to the sign to the right of the hood, i can see where a neon would look good hanging there but because that whole wall is tile I'm a little hesitant to put a could holes in the wall to hang something on it.

Well, you could always use something like the 3M "Command" adhesive strip hooks. They even have some clear hooks so you could sort-of hide them. :)

So I was originally going to build a building near my pool as a poolhouse/brewery build. But there was a lot of unnecessary work involved and I had a pole building in the back yard that was a great candidate. So we've been spending time renovating it this past summer and fall. Uploading pictures is a pain so I'll do my best to get things up to date.

Originally there were steps inside to the upstairs attic. To increase space we ripped those steps out and built a set on the outside.

/Bump/

Any updates? I assume it's all finished up. Would love some inspiration!

Disregard I somehow missed all the pics on page 3.... Anyway it is an awesome build!! Nicely done, sir!

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Very impressive and inspirational!! I'm buying a new house next year and a worthy man cave space as well as storage are one of the top priorities!

It's been a little tweeked since the original pics. I replaced the Hood to one that comes out further so that all of my steam and exhaust makes it's way out. I'll clean the place up and throw some updated pics up here soon for ya.

I am looking forward to those pics!!

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Back