Brewpastor's Belgian Chile Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewtopia

"Greenwood Aged Beer"
Reaction score
I was wondering what beer I was going to drink on Cinco de Mayo and then UPS came knocking at the door and handed me a package from New Mexico! :ban:

I've been looking forward to this beer since I recently brewed a chile beer using techniques outlined by the good pastor.

Mmmmmm, this beer certainly does not dissapoint!

Pours a nice clear amber color with about a 1/4 inch head that dissipated quickly.

The aroma is a wonderful blend of roasted chile with sweet banana bread notes. It smells very fresh and inviting.

The flavor begins with sweet carmel notes, then blossoms across the tongue with the flavor of fresh roasted chile's. The subtle hop notes are balanced perfectly with the malt and chile flavors.

This is exactly what I like in a good chile beer, all the flavor without the heat.

The Belgian spin on this beer is a wonderful touch. I'm not getting the big estery flavors often associated with the abbey strains (not sure what yeast was used) but I am picking up some subtle banana & spice notes.

Excellent job as usual BP! I was extremely happy with my chile beer but I'm definitely going to try the Belgian touch on my next go 'round.

Here's a picture just to make all the rest of you jealous. ;)
BP 006.JPG

Thanks Brewpastor! :mug:

I am glad you liked it. It got good scores in the first round but didn't make the cut. I wish it had a little more chile flavor and burn, but then again, I live in New Mexico.

Thanks for the review.

Back