BrewJacket Immersion Pro Temp Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bjanu

Reaction score
Anyone using the Brewjacket Pro? I just got my unit and have a question about the temperature control. I am trying it out before using it to brew. The temp probe is placed outside the bucket as directed.

On my unit, the temp probe reading is different than a thermometer placed directly into the liquid. It's off by about 3 degrees.

Using the instructions on the Brewjacket website, I made sure the unit was calibrated correctly. In an ice bath, the probe should read 33.4 degrees to be calibrated correctly. It is.

Is this discrepancy built in due to the fact that the probe is supposed to be placed outside the unit, or should I manually correct it? Anyone notice this on their unit? Thanks.

Anyone using the Brewjacket Pro? I just got my unit and have a question about the temperature control. I am trying it out before using it to brew. The temp probe is placed outside the bucket as directed.

On my unit, the temp probe reading is different than a thermometer placed directly into the liquid. It's off by about 3 degrees.

Using the instructions on the Brewjacket website, I made sure the unit was calibrated correctly. In an ice bath, the probe should read 33.4 degrees to be calibrated correctly. It is.

Is this discrepancy built in due to the fact that the probe is supposed to be placed outside the unit, or should I manually correct it? Anyone notice this on their unit? Thanks.

The temperature will be different inside versus outside especially during fermentation. I use a thermowell close to the outside since the big azz pipe gets very cold and the temperature can be unpredictable close to the center

The thing I have noticed with the brew jacket is it takes a few hours for the temperature to equalize. I brewed a beer with my brew jacket and also had my Tilt hydrometer in the beer so I was measuring inside and outside temps.

From my brew notes:

1pm put beer in fermenter. Tilt said 73°, Brew Jacket said 66°, I had set the controller for 70°

By 9:30pm Tilt Said 70°, Brew Jacket said 69.7°

The thing I have noticed with the brew jacket is it takes a few hours for the temperature to equalize. I brewed a beer with my brew jacket and also had my Tilt hydrometer in the beer so I was measuring inside and outside temps.

From my brew notes:

1pm put beer in fermenter. Tilt said 73°, Brew Jacket said 66°, I had set the controller for 70°

By 9:30pm Tilt Said 70°, Brew Jacket said 69.7°

Yeah. I’m doing the same thing. The unit has been running now for over 24 hours. The temp is set to 62 degrees.

The outer probe attached to the unit is at 62.3. While the inner water is measuring 59.8.

The other thing is that with fermentation going you will have yeast swirl which will help make the temperature more uniform.

For your test with just water try shaking or swirling the fermenter some.

The other thing is that with fermentation going you will have yeast swirl which will help make the temperature more uniform.

For your test with just water try shaking or swirling the fermenter some.

True. I’ll give that a try. Thanks!

Latest posts

Back