Brewing Withdrawals

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm always going through with brewing withdrawal. Gets worse right after I brew too. Vicious cycle...
That too baaaad! Lately I have been so busy that I haven't had much time to brew. I was gettin' uneasy about my supply, until I realized that I had 2 more cornys under the table (yeah, they'd been drinkin') waiting for room in the fridge.

Wow, it seems like a long time since I last brewed! The wort share at Steel Bonnet was a mild ale. I just added a little Kent Goldings to the fermentor, and plan to keg it in 3 or 4 days. My grain supplies are getting low, and I need to empty the bags and put together a brew and re-order. But I haven't decided what to brew. Any ideas?

What kind of beer do you like?

The steel bonnet looks like a interesting place. How are their beers?

Just brewed a dark mild yesterday, doing a golden ale hopped with cashmere today.

I look at the posts on the how many gallons sometime to get ideas.
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/forum/threads/how-many-gallons-brewed-in-2019.660475/
Ba-brewer, I'm so sorry for the delay in replying. It has been an extremely busy week! When it comes to beer, there are many styles that I like. I like craft beer and home brew (mine or others). In general, I prefer balanced beers, but not always. What I don't like is excessively sour or excessively bitter beer. For my taste, Gose is good and so is Berliner Weisse when served or consumed with the traditional woodruff or raspberry syrup. Bitter IPA's are just not my thing, though I don't mind some hops bitterness, and love the hops character in certain beers, including a few IPAs.

Steel Bonnet is a fun place, with a small fenced in area where you can sit outside and drink if you like. It is fairly new, and as far as I know, the only brewery in Scotts Valley. Here is their website: https://www.steelbon.net/

Haven't brewed since December and probably won't be able to brew until May at this point. Big time withdrawal!
I really feel for ya'. Let's hope you come out of it okay. Did I miss something? Why won't you be able to brew? Maybe you could help someone else with a brew?

I really feel for ya'. Let's hope you come out of it okay. Did I miss something? Why won't you be able to brew? Maybe you could help someone else with a brew?

Work and family life, but mainly work. Traveling like usual for work but also working on a certification needed for work, so I'm studying a lot after the kids are in bed which takes up a lot of my time. Hopefully I'll be ready to take the exam later this month and be ready to brew in May. Fingers crossed. I'll be ok, I've been enjoying many new local beers and trading beers to help me get through it all. ;) Cheers!

Pshankstar, I hope your certification goes well. That is more important. Enjoying local brews is a great way to fill the gap. I like to do that from time to time. I think there are no greater fans of craft beer than home brewers.

My last brew was in early November. I brew outside, and don’t like the cold, so I take the winter off. Maybe this weekend.

I brew 5.5G batches outside so between winter and work I haven’t really had the opportunity to brew.

My pipeline was dead and I wanted to do something so I went to Walmart and bought a 5.5G SS kettle and have now brewed 3 3G batches on the stove top over the last month or so.

Heck, I may just make this part of my normal brew day now.

Broke my ankle in early March, won't be able to put weight on it for another month. Have ingredients for four brews just sitting, waiting. :(

Broke my ankle in early March, won't be able to put weight on it for another month. Have ingredients for four brews just sitting, waiting. :(
Sounds like you need ton enslave uh I mean enlist some brew help. You could supervise. Play your sympathy card, and explain how you're going through brewing withdrawals.

Back