Brewing tragedy!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mad hops

Reaction score
Well last weekend was my first time brewing all grain. My buddy came over to help me along with the process. Well right about the time to dumb the hops in. I was walking towards the house to get the hops, when I hear metal scrapping against metal as I look over my shoulder i see the keggel i just bought slide right off my Banjo burner... 8 Gallons all over my patio..... I started to clean and just had to go inside and watch TV. I just couldn't look at the mess... I was so destroyed. Well I guess round two this upcoming weekend and try to pump that and a double batch. Here's to success..... hopefully!

Don't worry, the beer will come out fine.

...I wish I could say that for you man. That goes beyond the limits of sucking and right into downright depressing.

Hope next weekend is better for you!!:mug:

That sucks.

Was it something mechanical on your setup that let loose? Or was it "human" error?

just wondering.

Edit: Your user name is pretty funny (beer was made for double entendres)

I'd re-engineer that keggle/burner setup before using it again. Sounds unstable to me if it can just slide off like that.

Modification required:
3464826811_b925659dd2.jpg

Scotched- Yeah it was the burner and Keggle mix. Keggle doesn't have a flat bottom and was barley resting on one of the corners.

I have bought a BBQ grate to go over the unit to see if that will suffice if not I will require some help welding!

Back