brewing process interuption!!! is my beer ok?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

corrales_305

Reaction score
THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I BREW BEER. so i bought an american amber ale kit and i start by steeping the grains included with the kit. next i poured in the Lme with the kettle off the heat. then after, i remember that i have to pick up my sister from the airport in 15 mins!!!!! so i dont put the kettle back on the stove and i run out the house and go pick her up it takes me 40 min to get back home and get the kettle cooking again and finish the beer process. when i got back from the airport the kettle had cooled down to about 100 degrees. does this make a difference or can ruin my beer? as soon as i got back i started to boil the wort like i was supposed to and finished the whole process. the beer is in the fermentor now and i have bubbles in the airlock(everythink looks normal)
Can this temporary decrease in temp cause off flovor in the beer?:confused:

Nah, you'll be fine. If it were a few days, yeah, but an hour? No worries.

THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I BREW BEER. so i bought an american amber ale kit and i start by steeping the grains included with the kit. next i poured in the Lme with the kettle off the heat. then after, i remember that i have to pick up my sister from the airport in 15 mins!!!!! so i dont put the kettle back on the stove and i run out the house and go pick her up it takes me 40 min to get back home and get the kettle cooking again and finish the beer process. when i got back from the airport the kettle had cooled down to about 100 degrees. does this make a difference or can ruin my beer? as soon as i got back i started to boil the wort like i was supposed to and finished the whole process. the beer is in the fermentor now and i have bubbles in the airlock(everythink looks normal)
Can this temporary decrease in temp cause off flovor in the beer?:confused:

I think you will be fine.

thanks for the info!!! next time i will make sure i have the time before i start brewing!!!

Back