Brewing on the fire!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kblandfo

Reaction score
First time brewing outside. This was our 3rd brew day. Our recipe can be found here

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f69/buckipa-v1-288640/

photo 1.jpg

photo 2.jpg

photo 3.jpg

photo 4.jpg

looks like fun! how was the boil?? it'd be fun to grill right next to where you're boiling! :)

That is an awesome setup for boilling. How did you make that? Is it just bricks?

Also, I see alot of hops are those all in one brew?

How long did it take you to get to a boil? It is pretty awesome looking.

looks like fun! how was the boil?? it'd be fun to grill right next to where you're boiling! :)

It was a blast! The boil was fine, had one small boil over the pot allowed us to pull it from the grill. This was the first time having use of this oven. We hope to cook on it in the future.

That is an awesome setup for boilling. How did you make that? Is it just bricks?

Also, I see alot of hops are those all in one brew?

My buddy built it using fire brick on top of paving stone. There is also some T-bars used to help make a chimney (in back) and a hole for heat to hit the pot. It can be adjusted.
Also that is the hops for 2 brew days @ 10 g each day. We brewed back to back days.

Latest posts

Back