Brewing in BG KY!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WCoyoteSG

Reaction score
Hi everyone, my name is Jason Owen from Bowling Green KY. I have been interested in brewing for the last couple years and I went to our local homebrew clubs meeting last month and that was the kicker that got me started. I acquired 3 keggles, cut some holes, ordered some fittings, got them welded up and jumped straight into all grain. I got to say that i used to be obsessive about golf, now i think golf is going to turn into a random leisure activity because brewing was even more fun than i thought it was going to be!

Welcome Jason! Glad to hear you've discovered the world's best hobby and the world's best brewing forum! I live in central Kentucky, not far from Lexington. Best of luck with your new endeavor, feel free to contact me anytime.

:mug:

Hey! I grew up in Bowling Green! I'm new too...should probably post my own intro before doing anything else.

I've got a good friend in Goodletsville, I'm guessing you frequent Rebel in Goodletsville. I may drive down saturday and get another carboy, i've got to get something else brewed quickly so there won't be any gaps in my pipeline since I just brewed my first batch last saturday

Welcome Jason! Glad to hear you've discovered the world's best hobby and the world's best brewing forum! I live in central Kentucky, not far from Lexington. Best of luck with your new endeavor, feel free to contact me anytime.

:mug:

Thanks!, I went to UK my freshman year and have been a UK basketball fan all my life

WCoyoteSG said:
Thanks!, I went to UK my freshman year and have been a UK basketball fan all my life

There can be only one!!! I went to Western too many years ago to admit. Always have been and will be big blue mad though!

I've got a good friend in Goodletsville, I'm guessing you frequent Rebel in Goodletsville. I may drive down saturday and get another carboy, i've got to get something else brewed quickly so there won't be any gaps in my pipeline since I just brewed my first batch last saturday

I do go to Rebel to get some supplies, they are great. The kegarator in-store is really nice. The guys are great, just be prepared to hang-out for a while on Saturdays.

Hi everyone, my name is Jason Owen from Bowling Green KY. I have been interested in brewing for the last couple years and I went to our local homebrew clubs meeting last month and that was the kicker that got me started. I acquired 3 keggles, cut some holes, ordered some fittings, got them welded up and jumped straight into all grain. I got to say that i used to be obsessive about golf, now i think golf is going to turn into a random leisure activity because brewing was even more fun than i thought it was going to be!

Welcome... I'm pretty new to the forum, not to brewing and even newer to Northern KY. So hello there distant neighbor. BTW my golf has also taken a back seat to my brewing.

Welcome... I'm pretty new to the forum, not to brewing and even newer to Northern KY. So hello there distant neighbor. BTW my golf has also taken a back seat to my brewing.

At least the potential to get better is there with brewing, more so than golf anyway! I was up in your neck of the woods a couple months ago and had a long and tasty night at the Hofbrauhaus. The next morning was a little rough though!

At least the potential to get better is there with brewing, more so than golf anyway! I was up in your neck of the woods a couple months ago and had a long and tasty night at the Hofbrauhaus. The next morning was a little rough though!

Hahaha I'm a pretty consistent medicore golfer. Gotta love the Hofbrauhaus!

Back