Brewing competition software/hosting

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

antisoshal

Reaction score
We are gearing up for this years competition. I recently became the tech guy and and inherited the job. We will be using BCOE&M hosted on their server because its been used previously and theres no time to switch, but I have been unable to find any comparisons between the current versions of REGGIE, BCOE&M and brewscene.com

Besides being awkward and unintuitive (I had to click on an un-labeled white checkbox to discover how to make someone an admin, a search which took me an hour of wading through pages), we are having issues with BCOEM functionality being broken completely in some cases. Like most open source projects support is random and understandably sparse: I understand people have day jobs and when a project gets a life of its own the amount of time you have to spend on it decreases over time while the need increases.

Any thoughts? We get pretty good turnout (last years was 250 and we are shooting for as many as 400 this year) so I think we will be willing to pay for a product if it does the job better than what we are paying for now. All the reviews of one or another program seem pretty old.

Im actually surprised someone hasnt made a wordpress plugin for this by now. Given the explosion of home brewing happening I think its a great market

Back