Brewing again soon?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

signpost

Reaction score
This may not seem all that related to brewing, but today I passed my oral exam to finish my Master's degree in Music!

I started a new teaching position in August and also had to finish up my last couple of credits this semester. That, along with a daughter that will be 2 in January, has made for a busy schedule. I haven't brewed a batch of beer since August. I've bottled a couple batches, but no new brewing in months.

I'm hoping that in the relatively near future I may have a chance to brew again. I just wanted to share my excitement! Both for finishing my degree and also for brewing again.

Anybody else have to suffer through a hiatus from brewing?

congratulations on finishing the exam and the new position!

I am currently on a bit of a self induced brewing hiatus while building a new system, and the holidays kind of slow us down a bit. Not brewing for the last couple of months had made me realize how much i really enjoy brewing and i can't wait to get the new system up and running and get back in to the game.

I have long gaps between brewing for many reasons, usually stress related. Huge congratulations on your degree, especially in music. I've been a musician since I was a child and I know first hand, even to this day in a professional setting, letting someone know you play an instrument is instant grounds for jokes. Which is highly frustrating when you've played trumpet and soprano in competitive drum corps and athletic bands and get laughed at while in the same breath they profess their love for some auto-tuned garbage on the radio. Anyway. Congrats! That is quite the accomplishment. Enjoy the holidays with your young family! :mug:

Back