Brewing AG and Extract in same session?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

perkins98

Reaction score
Planning on brewing my 17th batch this saturday. Now that i can keg I would like to get some beer in the pipeline. Was wondering if anyone has brewed a quick extract while they were mashing in their AG.. Just thinking how I could possibly brew up 20 gallons in the same amount of time. I'm brewing 10 gallons on my 3 tier so I figure I could easily throw some an extract batch in my BK while i'm working on my AG. THought's??? i know it's kinda stepping back but there's plenty of guys rocking out extracts and PM. I stepped up to allgrain on my 4th batch so it's been awhile. Has anyone done this? and if so any pointers?

I brewed 2 all grains and 5 1 gallon meads a week ago, including a burnt mead. It's really no different than brewing 1 batch.

You just got to keep track of everything. Make sure you have your hops laid out and measured and marked for both batches.

Having help helps...if not then staying sober is a good idea.

There's photos of the brew day in this thread towards the end. https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f12/he...emorial-5-year-aged-barleywine-recipe-195096/

Back