BrewHunter Search Feature

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dougan

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I heard a lot of you all asking for a good website where you can search for recipes based on ingredients, so I wrote it into whobrew.com Click Here.

There's really two ways to approach this kind of search-- one is that you want to find a recipe you can brew with just the ingredients you have on hand, and the other being searching for recipes that have certain ingredients, such as trying to find a recipe that uses Amarillo as a dry hop. It allows you to do it either way.

You currently can search based on fermentables and hops. You can't search on yeast or "miscellaneous" ingredients yet; I wanted to have you guys try it and see what you think before I add those. You can also search on stuff like O.G., BJCP Category, etc.

I think it's pretty awesome. We don't have a lot of recipes yet, though, so we really could use a better recipe bank to search from. You can register pretty quickly and upload your BeerXML files if you want to contribute-- it would really help us out a lot. Sometimes it takes a day or two for new recipes to show up in search results.

As always, you can also use this website to formulate and store your recipes and brew sessions, and more. The site has been around for awhile, but a lot has been added recently, so let me know if you find anything behaving funky.

Let me know what you think!

Latest posts

Back