Brewhemoth fermenter owners

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Drumminguy81

Reaction score
I know this goes out to a select group but I wanted to share some of my experiences with other brewhemoth owners. I own 3 brewhemoth fermenters and love them. I also love spike brewing. Because of their hard work and development I am able to use my fermenters to their potential. Spike now makes chiller coils that fit in the 4" tri clamp pot on top of the brewhemoth. The coil for a cf-15 if perfect for these fermenters. I also found out that their neoprene jacket can be made to work. I will say it's not a perfect fit but it works. I used the cf15 jacket. For my application I turned it around abackward because the holes fit my needs. The brewhemoths were a little more custom so every one is slightly different. But it is worth modifying the jacket. I used to struggle to get below 42* while cold crashing, after adding the spike jacked i was able to hit 35* easily with 75* ambient. I am very impressed! On a side note i also bought their spunding manifold and love it.
20190912_044054.jpeg
20190912_045424.jpeg

Thank you for posting this. I too have a brewhemoth. What temp chilling fluid are you using? I use 34 degree strait water and with refletix wrap get to 40/39 degrees in a 74 degree basement. I would love to get a couple of degrees lower. The only downside it it would not be visible. I polished mine.

Attachments

• 20191019_091945.jpg
    20191019_091945.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 38
Yea I was hesitant to hide the beautiful stainless fermenters but decided functional over form. I use an ac built glycol chiller and had it set at 25* to get down to 35* in the fermenter. I think I could have gone lower but was happy with 35.
Thank you for posting this. I too have a brewhemoth. What temp chilling fluid are you using? I use 34 degree strait water and with refletix wrap get to 40/39 degrees in a 74 degree basement. I would love to get a couple of degrees lower. The only downside it it would not be visible. I polished mine.

Latest posts

Back