Brewferm minikegs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andrewf1985

Reaction score
Has anyone tried force carbonating with these mini kegs?? They have the ability to regulate the CO2 on the taps so i was wondering if any you had tried it + with what results. Got a pale almost ready to move + wondered if i could speed things up slightly

Cheers

Ok, so thought id share the info id found on various parts of the web. It is possible to force carbonate but you need to be careful of buckling. Using the 16g charger would take a long time and use the majority, if not all and maybe more to get sufficient carbonation. There are adaptors you can buy (not sure about the UK though) that you can connect a CO2 bottle to the charger point and carbonate that way. Anyway, thought i'd share as i found it useful.

Im doing a mixture of both, 10g of sugar, will chill in a couple of weeks, tap and slowly purge with CO2 as i can adjust the rate on my tap. Will let know results if anyones interested

Back