brewferm framboos, What yeast to use?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

planetb

Reaction score
Hi all,

I picked up a can of Brewferm Framboos, but its missing the yeast? Anyone have any good suggestions on a Yeast I can pickup to try with this kit?

I'm thinking Wyeast Lab American Ale II (1272) or White Labs Belgian Wit Ale Yeast WL400 and some sugar or DME should help bring out the fruit taste? I have never done this beer before. any suggestions on Yeast?

Safbrew T-58 works great with this kit, and will give a slight 'Belgian' character to it and bring out the fruit flavor. Plus, its a cheap and easy dry yeast. No need to add more DME, but a little table sugar would up the gravity and fermentability. American Ale would be out of character, the Wit yeast might work and produce some fruity esters too.

Safbrew T-58 works great with this kit, and will give a slight 'Belgian' character to it and bring out the fruit flavor. Plus, its a cheap and easy dry yeast. No need to add more DME, but a little table sugar would up the gravity and fermentability. American Ale would be out of character, the Wit yeast might work and produce some fruity esters too.

Safbrew actually looks pretty good after reading and doing some searches. Now wish the LHB was open today.. I got a 10gallon Megapot for Xmas and a 7gallon Stainless Steel Conical Fermenter!

Started the brew tonight with the Safbrew T-58 and Brewferm farmboos. We will see how this works out :)

Did 2.5cups of sugar and GV before pitch was showing 1.050.

this is my first time using a plastic bucket for my primary. Going to be transferring it to a 5gallon carboy later on.

Going to start my Maidus touch clone soon. Just got my 6.95 Gallon Stainless Steel BREW BUCKET Fermenter from keg outlet. Going to start in a brew bucket and move this clone to the Stainless steel brew bucket for the secondary.

Back