Brewfather help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Newtobrewing85

Reaction score
Hey,

random question I’m trying to use brewfather to double check everything with my recipe for more beer for water volume and water minerals. I haven’t used it before but when choosing the grains I have an issue. More beer lists some of them them as crystal 60L but they list it twice with 2 different amounts. So I used that and entered it twice but the numbers don’t even remotely add up on their figures vs. more beer. Like I see 6.5% ABV and it’s supposed to be 5.2-5.5 so clearly I’m doing something wrong. Should I ignore that and just use the water volume and mineral additions and call it good? Any tips, tricks, YouTube videos you’ve found useful? Thanks.

I just started using Brewfather. I would suggest spending time making sure your equipment profile is setup correctly. It affects most calculation. You are confusing about about the Crystal 60 situation. Sounds like you are entering something twice?

I just started using Brewfather. I would suggest spending time making sure your equipment profile is setup correctly. It affects most calculation. You are confusing about about the Crystal 60 situation. Sounds like you are entering something twice?

OMG 🤣 The recipe lists it twice, because the recipe has extract on one side and all grain on the other. When I read it earlier I read it as extract, all grain and than 2 specialty additions. But it being the same thing made no sense, I feel so dumb lol.

Okay, not being an idiot fixed everything! The IBU’s are not even close so I just realized those are adjustable as well. Holy hell this in depth! I got it spot on now.

Yeah its just 12 oz of crystal 60L

Posted before I read your post lol. Glad your set now

Thank you! There’s a lot of info to take in here! So now the water additions should be spot on for my distilled profile? Anyone had any issues with it?

I use it and have had great results. Like someone else mentioned, just make sure the equipment profile matches your processes and efficiency, etc. Water tool is pretty user friendly and has been solid for me thus far.

I use it and have had great results. Like someone else mentioned, just make sure the equipment profile matches your processes and efficiency, etc. Water tool is pretty user friendly and has been solid for me thus far.

Thanks! I didn’t come back to update but my OG was dead on between the range the recipe called for so I’m very happy.

Back