Brewfather - gravity reading and dry hopping

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chaps

Reaction score
In my search to find the best software for me I have stumbled upon brew father. There is a lot to like compared to other software out there. A couple of things I haven’t been able to figure out though.

How am I able to add a gravity reading to my batch? It appears to only allow Starting and final gravity readings.

How do I add in a date stamp for dry hopping? For this batch I went and changed the recipe attached to the batch. But I can’t imagine that is the best way to accomplish that.

This is a bit late.

Adding gravity readings is a premium feature, it's listed under batch, fermenting, then under "readings". I don't have much experience with brewfather yet but you can add "log" entries or notes in the "batch notes" section.

I don't see many threads on brewfather but it seems promising. I really like the interface and that it is web based.

I’ve started transitioning some of my BeerSmith batches to BrewFather, and I think my next brew will be with brewfather.

I’m hoping some productive threads about using brewfather pop up before long.

Been using brewfather for a little bit now and I love it.
Gravities can be filled out during the batch, dry hopping changes have to be done in the recipe I think. I don't see any other way to do it.

This is a bit late.

Adding gravity readings is a premium feature, it's listed under batch, fermenting, then under "readings". I don't have much experience with brewfather yet but you can add "log" entries or notes in the "batch notes" section.

I don't see many threads on brewfather but it seems promising. I really like the interface and that it is web based.

Dang!!!!! That was the major missing piece for me. Thanks for sharing that. Looks like they’ve added a bunch of stuff since December ‘18.

I may switch to brewfather now since it looks so much better and functions in a much more intelligible way. Brewers friend is a mess right now. They’ve changed the way the recipe editor looks/functions and it’s now borderline unusable.

I've used Brewfather now for three batches and can't imagine using anything else. I'll not go back to either of the two previous platforms that I've used over the years. Brewfather has the perfect amount of detail presented in a very logical way. I also like that you have the option of adding custom supplemental fields in case you want to track some other piece of data that most people don't want.

I've used Brewfather now for three batches and can't imagine using anything else. I'll not go back to either of the two previous platforms that I've used over the years. Brewfather has the perfect amount of detail presented in a very logical way. I also like that you have the option of adding custom supplemental fields in case you want to track some other piece of data that most people don't want.

Awesome :)

I'm giving the brewfather a try. Am I missing where the strike water temp calculation is on this or is there not one programmed into it?

Back