Brewery Wants My Twitter Handle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know from experience that they WILL get it in the end but it will be a process. Easier to ask.

This is what I would do - Ask them to give you a phone call, make a few suggestions on what would sway you (be realistic but don't just GIVE it to them, they have money and swag). You could suggest money, product, a job promoting, etc - you could make it fun and say you want them to run an ad with you in it as the guy who had the twitter handle. Make it easy

I know from experience that they WILL get it in the end but it will be a process. Easier to ask.

This is what I would do - Ask them to give you a phone call, make a few suggestions on what would sway you (be realistic but don't just GIVE it to them, they have money and swag). You could suggest money, product, a job promoting, etc - you could make it fun and say you want them to run an ad with you in it as the guy who had the twitter handle. Make it easy

True. I said let's talk. The guy isn't even responding.

I'll wait...

If they're unwilling or unable to send you beer due to shipping costs, distribution, etc. maybe they'll be open to sending you some smoked malt and various swag? I think it'd be cool to brew some beer with their smoked malt.

If they're unwilling or unable to send you beer due to shipping costs, distribution, etc. maybe they'll be open to sending you some smoked malt and various swag? I think it'd be cool to brew some beer with their smoked malt.

Me too. I think they can do the beer thing. They ship here. I can buy it at my local liquor store. They have three varieties. Marzen, Urbock and the Lent beer

His username IS their IP. Just because he's been using it for a long time without being shut down doesn't make it somehow his now

He said he started using it around when Twitter began, which was early 2006. If that's true, I don't think anyone had any idea what Twitter would become over 11 years later...I admit I don't know what Twitter was like when it first came about, but I'm guessing it wasn't a big arena for brand marketing and the like. That they are now seeking the name makes sense, but I'm not sure it constitutes cybersquatting. I agree the mentality of rubbing one's hands together while slobbering over how they can cash in on their good fortune and someone else's potential misfortune is lousy...I don't think I get that 100% from OP...of course it's hard not to have at least a modicum of that as a human being as pretty much everyone, good/bad/otherwise, is not completely altruistic to the core.

Anyhow, point is, based on the use of the name from the fledgling days of Twitter, I personally feel it's not as opportunistic as it otherwise might be. I reckon and hope OP is able to find a way to amicably sort it out with the brewery so that it's a win-win.

I think they have a lot of rights to the name with a lot of legal precedent (more than you have). That said, they will probably be amenable to some reasonable exchange (I wouldn't ask for money, because you probably won't get any - they will either sue, or just give up on it as not worth the money).
Think about it like this: If someone took your first and last name as their twitter handle, you'd feel more entitled to it than they (and would have more legal rights as well).

I think if you're not greedy, and not a dick about it, they'll be amenable to some reasonable arrangement. But I'd leave money out of the equation, as you don't haven much of a leg to stand on if it were to go to court (which I suspect it won't - it's not worth that much trouble, money, and effort to them).

He said he started using it around when Twitter began, which was early 2006. If that's true, I don't think anyone had any idea what Twitter would become over 11 years later...I admit I don't know what Twitter was like when it first came about, but I'm guessing it wasn't a big arena for brand marketing and the like. That they are now seeking the name makes sense, but I'm not sure it constitutes cybersquatting. I agree the mentality of rubbing one's hands together while slobbering over how they can cash in on their good fortune and someone else's potential misfortune is lousy...I don't think I get that 100% from OP...of course it's hard not to have at least a modicum of that as a human being as pretty much everyone, good/bad/otherwise, is not completely altruistic to the core.

Anyhow, point is, based on the use of the name from the fledgling days of Twitter, I personally feel it's not as opportunistic as it otherwise might be. I reckon and hope OP is able to find a way to amicably sort it out with the brewery so that it's a win-win.

adamyoung - Thanks for your support.

One has to ask why they want it. Ask why, five times, once after each answer, and I bet it's about marketing and money.

How altruistic is that?

Let's not forget the man "owns" a famous brewery.

He could have cared less until a few weeks or maybe months ago. He probably saw one of my retweets and thought I want that.

I'm not being unreasonable because I offered to discuss it with him. Maybe he's lost interest already.

Off topic - if you haven't tried this before, you should. This beer goes well with Smoked Pork, BBQ, sausages, Mexican...

I'll post some pictures from this book written by Garrett Oliver

I think they have a lot of rights to the name with a lot of legal precedent (more than you have). That said, they will probably be amenable to some reasonable exchange (I wouldn't ask for money, because you probably won't get any - they will either sue, or just give up on it as not worth the money).
Think about it like this: If someone took your first and last name as their twitter handle, you'd feel more entitled to it than they (and would have more legal rights as well).

I think if you're not greedy, and not a dick about it, they'll be amenable to some reasonable arrangement. But I'd leave money out of the equation, as you don't haven much of a leg to stand on if it were to go to court (which I suspect it won't - it's not worth that much trouble, money, and effort to them).

I was 100% polite to Matthias (Owner of the brewery).

The guy from Weihstephaner (Johannes Weiss) was rather pushy and insisting that I give it up. Then accused me of being greedy. He had no right or justification to do so. Some guy out of nowhere just asks for it??? Mind you that was in 2015.

I assume that would be sar-casm..... :tank:

I'd probably settle for yearly swag and beer. I'm not giving it away. What are they going ask for next my HomeBrewTalk handle???

$hit I only took the name on Twitter and HBT because a rauchbier was my 2nd homebrew. :rockin:

Back in 2006 I was probably drinking one of those rauchbiers when I created both accounts.

No, that was not sarcasm. As others pointed out, if they decide to use a more forceful approach, you stand little chance of keeping the handle. And it's explicitly forbidden to sell handles. May as well be cooperative and give overt hints. Just as long as you make sure the request comes from a legitimate source.

Is your HBT handle safe? No idea. But seriously, why would you use trademarks as your handles? That's not what I would qualify as the smartest decision ever, and they would be well within their rights to make you cease doing so.

No, that was not sarcasm. As others pointed out, if they decide to use a more forceful approach, you stand little chance of keeping the handle. And it's explicitly forbidden to sell handles. May as well be cooperative and give overt hints. Just as long as you make sure the request comes from a legitimate source.

Is your HBT handle safe? No idea. But seriously, why would you use trademarks as your handles? That's not what I would qualify as the smartest decision ever, and they would be well within their rights to make you cease doing so.

Well, I have been using Schlenkerla longer than its been trademarked. I set-up my account in 2006. They filed for US trademark protection on May 28th 2013.

My use is not stopping them from using Schlenkerla on twitter.

Here's the trademark search; SCHLENKERLA

I pasted links that expire, try this instead (do a copy & paste).... http://tmsearch.uspto.gov/bin/gate.exe?f=searchss&state=4806:hilt2r.1.1

I'm not trying to sell beer or market a product or an idea related to use of that name or the images. There's no malice intended in my usage of the word.

This is what is trademarked. Its these two images. I'm using neither. I could see if I used these as an avatar on twitter, but I'm not doing that.

ImageAgentProxy

ImageAgentProxy

Just as an aside, have you been to their taproom in Bamberg? I highly recommend it if you can. Last time I was there was December and they had an amazing seasonal that was an oaked, smoked (of course) Doppelbock. Amazing.
Bamberg is a beautiful city and both the city and the region (Franconia) are home to some fantastic beer.
Forget Munich. All you'll get there are the big German mega-breweries (don't get me wrong, they still make great products, but they're still mega-breweries) - if you want a taste of real, classic German/ Bavarian beer craft, visit Franconia (northern Bavaria). Great cities include Bamberg, Wurzberg, Rothenberg ob der Tauber, Nurnberg, etc.

It's also a great wine region as well.

Oh yeah, and hit up some of the Klosters (Monasteries). Most of them have breweries which are fantastic. My personal favorite is Kloster Kreuzberg way up in the north of Franconia/ Bavaria.

Note for clarity, in case you don't know, Franconia is the northern region of Bavaria, but still a part of Bavaria. Kinda like a US county within the state of Bavaria.

Just as an aside, have you been to their taproom in Bamberg? I highly recommend it if you can. Bamberg is a beautiful city and both the city and the region (Franconia) are home to some fantastic beer.
Forget Munich. All you'll get there are the big German mega-breweries (don't get me wrong, they still make great products, but they're still mega-breweries) - if you want a taste of real, classic German/ Bavarian beer craft, visit Franconia (northern Bavaria). Great cities include Bamberg, Wurzberg, Rothenberg ob der Tauber, Nurnberg, etc.

It's also a great wine region as well.

Oh yeah, and hit up some of the Klosters (Monasteries). Most of them have breweries which are fantastic. My personal favorite is Kloster Kreuzberg way up in the north of Franconia/ Bavaria.

Note for clarity, in case you don't know, Franconia is the northern region of Bavaria, but still a part of Bavaria. Kinda like a US county within the state of Bavaria.

No, not yet.

I was going to go there for my 50th birthday, and go to Belgium as well. Was thinking of breweries and castle tours. I wound up going somewhere else. The state department was not recommending travel to either place at the time. Went to Panama City Beach Florida and drank at the Hofbrauhaus. It was around the time when Belgium was having all those issues with Terrorism.

I've been to Northern Germany. Around Kiel, close to Hamburg, way north and more south west Germany very close to France. Zweibrucken and Pirmasens both are south west of Frankfurt. I went to a Kloster in that area. Can't recall the name. ... Ah Kloster Hornbach.

I will go there someday.

No, not yet.

I was going to go there for my 50th birthday, and go to Belgium as well. Was thinking of breweries and castle tours. I wound up going somewhere else. The state department was not recommending travel to either place at the time. Went to Panama City Beach Florida and drank at the Hofbrauhaus. It was around the time when Belgium was having all those issues with Terrorism.

I've been to Northern Germany. Around Kiel, close to Hamburg, way north and more south west Germany very close to France. Zweibrucken and Pirmasens both are south west of Frankfurt. I went to a Kloster in that area. Can't recall the name. ... Ah Kloster Hornbach.

I will go there someday.

If you do go and want some recommendations, PM me. My SWMBO is from Schweinfurt, right between Bamberg and Wurzberg, and we go there about every 18 months to visit her family. It's pretty sweet because her dad always drives, so I can sample all the local bier I want, and he knows all the good little family-run craft breweries. I've become such a fan, and I absolutely love the area.
If it weren't for my aging mother, I would seriously consider moving there.

If you do go and want some recommendations, PM me. My SWMBO is from Schweinfurt, right between Bamberg and Wurzberg, and we go there about every 18 months to visit her family. It's pretty sweet because her dad always drives, so I can sample all the local bier I want, and he knows all the good little family-run craft breweries. I've become such a fan, and I absolutely love the area.
If it weren't for my aging mother, I would seriously consider moving there.

I'll do that. If you have other recommendations I'm all ears. I wanted to mix drinking with historical tourism. SWMBO wouldn't want it all to be about drinking. Heidelberg comes to mind.

Schlenkerla and CavPilot - very interesting conversation...!

I brew lots of German and Czech lagers. Pilsners, also Dunkles Bock, etc. Have yet to brew a Rauchbier, and it is next on the board... Really like Shlenkerla Maerzen (had for first time last year). Anyhow, that is what got my attention.

Was in Army for 4 years (85 to 89). Visited Germany on leave in 1987 for the first time. Minored in German at Oregon State University, and visited Germany and Europe for several weeks again in the summer of 1991.

CavPilot - if you have some cool travel / smaller brewery tips in Germany, could you pass them along please...? I've been to Munich a couple times, along with south to Garmich-Partenkirchen, but never up to the north part of Bavaria. Last night wife reminded me that I had promised to take her back with me to Salzburg, Austria...when I was last there 26 years ago. Next June will be our 25 year anniversary, and Europe would be less hot than Mexico that time of year. We are discussing going to Europe... Mixing in Bamberg and Franconia into the mix would be awesome. :tank:

Was in Army for 4 years (85 to 89). Visited Germany on leave in 1987 for the first time. Minored in German at Oregon State University, and visited Germany and Europe for several weeks again in the summer of 1991.

CavPilot - if you have some cool travel / smaller brewery tips in Germany, could you pass them along please...? I've been to Munich a couple times, along with south to Garmich-Partenkirchen, but never up to the north part of Bavaria. Last night wife reminded me that I had promised to take her back with me to Salzburg, Austria...when I was last there 26 years ago. Next June will be our 25 year anniversary, and Europe would be less hot than Mexico that time of year. We are discussing going to Europe... Mixing in Bamberg and Franconia into the mix would be awesome. :tank:

My first visit to Germany was in 1995 when I was in the Army Reserves. I spent 9 years on active duty after that, always trying to get stationed there, but never able to.

I'd love to go to Salzburg. We hit Vienna on our Germany trip two years ago. The next trip (next year) will probably involve Prague.

For trip suggestions,
Definitely go to Bamberg (home of Rauchbier), and get some good Franconian Kellerbiers.
Outstanding breweries I recommend:
Kloster Kreuzberg - their house Dunkel is to die for. Best I've ever had, and my own personal holy grail for cloning in my home brewery (still not there yet). Also, it's a beautiful nature hike up the mountain if you park at the bottom.
Grosh in Coburg (not to be confused with Grolsh) - Highly recommend their Luthertrunk, a Kellerbier. There is also a really cool fortress castle museum on the outskirts of town with an impressive collection of arms and armor.
Brauerei Kundmuller in Weiherer (near Steigerwald, just south of Bamberg) - small family place with a really impressive Bierkarte and excellent food.

You really can't go wrong.
Other towns worth visiting:
Rothenburg ob der Tauber - Great history and still surrounded by the original intact medieval wall. Also has a great crime and torture museum.
Nurnberg is pretty with nice walls, churches, and a big castle. They have one of the best Weihnachtsmarkts (Christmas Market) in Germany.
Wurzburg - Great castle and the "Residence". Vestiges from the old days when Germany was a collection of Principalities rather than a united country.

That's what I was thinking...

I've tried to PM the owner in twitter, saying lets discuss via email, but he's never gotten back to me. It just asked him again.

It was like 2 years ago when the export manager at Wehenstephan asked me for it. Johannes Weiss - I'm paraphrasing the conversation. It went like this.

He asks me. "I see your not associated with the Schlenkerla Brewery. Would be willing to give up your twitter name?"

I said "Whats it worth to you?".

He replies back saying, "Oh didn't know you wanted to make money from it, I thought you were a fan and would be willing to give it to us. Will you give it to us?"

I reply back. "I am a fan. I never said I wanted money. I just asked what's it worth to you. Why are you asking and not Matthias?"

He replies. "I'm a friend of Matthias. The Schlenkerla is a small brewery and does not have much money. This would help their business. Will you give it to us or not?"

I reply back "If Matthias wants it maybe he should be contacting me himself.
Tell him to contact me"

So I keep taking pictures of my beers and posting them on twitter!! :D

So, I've been thinking about this thread off and on for a couple of days, and I've been following your posts with some interest. I don't really disagree with anything you've said, and I think it's fair for you to ask for some kind of reward for handing the twitter handle over. However, I don't think you've handled the situation as well as you could have.

I think there's few important points to keep in mind:
1. You registered the twitter handle in the first place because you're a fan.
2. You acknowledge that this situation is causing some confusion for the breweries business. You're posting pictures of your beer intentionally, knowing that it adds to the confusion.
3. It is a small brewery - we're not talking about AB or something. This is one of the little guys. The kind we try to support.
4. Business works a little differently in Germany, and while I think you're justified in making an ask, I doubt they were prepared for your very direct approach.

So, what are you hoping for from the brewery? You've indicated a few suggested rewards in this thread would be adequate. Why not put those ideas forward and set a bar for your negotiations? Sure, you're also setting a ceiling, but you're also not going to get gobs of cash anyway.

I think the best case scenario is that you make some friends! Sure you can get some swag, but what I would want long term is a group of people I can ask for by name when I visit the brewery or send questions to about my own brew processes. Your recent DM exchange with them is not going to win you friends.

I probably would have opted for something more like this:

Them: "I see your not associated with the Schlenkerla Brewery. Would be willing to give up your twitter name?"
You: "Boy, that's tough. I've built a lot of relationships using this handle, and it would be hard to potentially walk away from those friendships. But I only picked this handle in the first place because I'm such a fan! And I never imagined twitter would grow into what it is today! I hope this situation isn't hurting your business..."
Them: "I hate to admit it, but it is... A lot of our customers are getting confused by seeing pictures of your homebrew. We've even had some come in and ask for it!"
You: "Holy cow! I never would have guessed! I'm sorry to hear it, but I'm also a little pleased to hear that folks think my brews are good enough to sit alongside yours. Look... I guess I'd be willing to part with it, but you have to give me a little time to transition to a new account. And is there anything you guys can do to soften the blow a little bit?"
Them: "The Schlenkerla is a small brewery and does not have much money."
You: "I understand, and I wouldn't ask for it! I want to see you succeed. Look, I'm hoping to visit Germany soon. Would it be possible to get a tour and meet you guys while I'm there? And I'd love it if you'd send me a little swag so I can show my friends how great you are."

My point is this - your best bet to achieving a positive, desirable result is to transition this away from a transactional relationship and into a personal one. I certainly wish you the best of luck, and I hope it works out well for both of you!

My first visit to Germany was in 1995 when I was in the Army Reserves. I spent 9 years on active duty after that, always trying to get stationed there, but never able to.

I'd love to go to Salzburg. We hit Vienna on our Germany trip two years ago. The next trip (next year) will probably involve Prague.

For trip suggestions,
Definitely go to Bamberg (home of Rauchbier), and get some good Franconian Kellerbiers.
Outstanding breweries I recommend:
Kloster Kreuzberg - their house Dunkel is to die for. Best I've ever had, and my own personal holy grail for cloning in my home brewery (still not there yet). Also, it's a beautiful nature hike up the mountain if you park at the bottom.
Grosh in Coburg (not to be confused with Grolsh) - Highly recommend their Luthertrunk, a Kellerbier. There is also a really cool fortress castle museum on the outskirts of town with an impressive collection of arms and armor.
Brauerei Kundmuller in Weiherer (near Steigerwald, just south of Bamberg) - small family place with a really impressive Bierkarte and excellent food.

You really can't go wrong.
Other towns worth visiting:
Rothenburg ob der Tauber - Great history and still surrounded by the original intact medieval wall. Also has a great crime and torture museum.
Nurnberg is pretty with nice walls, churches, and a big castle. They have one of the best Weihnachtsmarkts (Christmas Market) in Germany.
Wurzburg - Great castle and the "Residence". Vestiges from the old days when Germany was a collection of Principalities rather than a united country.

If you end up going to the Czech Republic let me know I can let you know some good beer places to go. You do know the best Pils beer comes from the Czech Republic though right? LOL

So, I've been thinking about this thread off and on for a couple of days, and I've been following your posts with some interest. I don't really disagree with anything you've said, and I think it's fair for you to ask for some kind of reward for handing the twitter handle over. However, I don't think you've handled the situation as well as you could have.

I think there's few important points to keep in mind:
1. You registered the twitter handle in the first place because you're a fan.
2. You acknowledge that this situation is causing some confusion for the breweries business. You're posting pictures of your beer intentionally, knowing that it adds to the confusion.
3. It is a small brewery - we're not talking about AB or something. This is one of the little guys. The kind we try to support.
4. Business works a little differently in Germany, and while I think you're justified in making an ask, I doubt they were prepared for your very direct approach.

So, what are you hoping for from the brewery? You've indicated a few suggested rewards in this thread would be adequate. Why not put those ideas forward and set a bar for your negotiations? Sure, you're also setting a ceiling, but you're also not going to get gobs of cash anyway.

I think the best case scenario is that you make some friends! Sure you can get some swag, but what I would want long term is a group of people I can ask for by name when I visit the brewery or send questions to about my own brew processes. Your recent DM exchange with them is not going to win you friends.

I probably would have opted for something more like this:

Them: "I see your not associated with the Schlenkerla Brewery. Would be willing to give up your twitter name?"
You: "Boy, that's tough. I've built a lot of relationships using this handle, and it would be hard to potentially walk away from those friendships. But I only picked this handle in the first place because I'm such a fan! And I never imagined twitter would grow into what it is today! I hope this situation isn't hurting your business..."
Them: "I hate to admit it, but it is... A lot of our customers are getting confused by seeing pictures of your homebrew. We've even had some come in and ask for it!"
You: "Holy cow! I never would have guessed! I'm sorry to hear it, but I'm also a little pleased to hear that folks think my brews are good enough to sit alongside yours. Look... I guess I'd be willing to part with it, but you have to give me a little time to transition to a new account. And is there anything you guys can do to soften the blow a little bit?"
Them: "The Schlenkerla is a small brewery and does not have much money."
You: "I understand, and I wouldn't ask for it! I want to see you succeed. Look, I'm hoping to visit Germany soon. Would it be possible to get a tour and meet you guys while I'm there? And I'd love it if you'd send me a little swag so I can show my friends how great you are."

My point is this - your best bet to achieving a positive, desirable result is to transition this away from a transactional relationship and into a personal one. I certainly wish you the best of luck, and I hope it works out well for both of you!

What you quoted was a guy from Wiehenstephan asking me for it. This is going back to 2015.

Consider this, he was blunt first. What business did he have to ask in the first place?

I don't know him from Adam. Maybe he wanted to make money from possessing it himself. At the time I was wondering if Wiehenstephaner owned The Schlenkerla. Because they aren't a small brewery. The guy is actually the export manager and maybe had a marketing interest in possessing the handle.

Johannes Weiss kind a ticked me off.

Read the first post in this thread. That was 3 weeks ago. Matthius Trum is the owner.

Note a few posts later #4, I said it can't be sold. I'm sure they know that too.

The discussion hasn't progressed at all. He asked once and has yet to respond.

I haven't had the chance to be either reasonable or unreasonable.

At this point I don't think he cares.

I get your point though about being friendly and personal. If anything positive comes of it, it would be the way you suggest.

Schenkerla - What you've done seems reasonable to me. Interesting to see if they ever come back to you... And sorry for hijacking your thread for beer travel tips. Will be interesting to hear...

CavPilot - Thanks for the tips. Some of these I was already dialed into, but many not... Will put them on the radar as well. Thanks!

Paulaner - I'd love to hear about Czech Republic brews... Was considering at least getting to Pilsen for Pilsner Urquel... A "bucket list" thing. Would love to fit more in but not sure. Looks like Pilsen is a 3 hr drive from Munich. May want to PM me. :)

What you quoted was a guy from Wiehenstephan asking me for it. This is going back to 2015.

Consider this, he was blunt first. What business did he have to ask in the first place?

I don't know him from Adam. Maybe he wanted to make money from possessing it himself. At the time I was wondering if Wiehenstephaner owned The Schlenkerla. Because they aren't a small brewery. The guy is actually the export manager and maybe had a marketing interest in possessing the handle.

Johannes Weiss kind a ticked me off.

Read the first post in this thread. That was 3 weeks ago. Matthius Trum is the owner.

Note a few posts later #4, I said it can't be sold. I'm sure they know that too.

The discussion hasn't progressed at all. He asked once and has yet to respond.

I haven't had the chance to be either reasonable or unreasonable.

At this point I don't think he cares.

I get your point though about being friendly and personal. If anything positive comes of it, it would be the way you suggest.

So, confirming the guy's identity is a great point. I agree it's important you deal with a verified representative of the brewery. It might be best to jump on Skype to continue the discussion once you get to that point. And they'll respect that kind of caution.

I do business development for a living, and a little sugar goes a long way. It's also extremely effective to remind them of their pain, rather than poking a stick in it. (Geez, this isn't hurting your business is it?! vs. How much will you pay?!)
(I realize you didn't say it like that, but you get my point.)

I think you can get a really cool experience out of this if you handle it right and find some luck.

So, confirming the guy's identity is a great point. I agree it's important you deal with a verified representative of the brewery. It might be best to jump on Skype to continue the discussion once you get to that point. And they'll respect that kind of caution.

I do business development for a living, and a little sugar goes a long way. It's also extremely effective to remind them of their pain, rather than poking a stick in it. (Geez, this isn't hurting your business is it?! vs. How much will you pay?!)
(I realize you didn't say it like that, but you get my point.)

I think you can get a really cool experience out of this if you handle it right and find some luck.

Exactly.

I negotiate part pricing in VERY tense business situations that have millions of dollars at play. Negotiation doesn't work if you try to stick it to the other guy or be rude and abrasive. Stating the facts works best and you have too do your homework.

That's more so the case, if you want to be partners. In general I don't believe in burning bridges. I don't necessarily want to be partners, in this case but I do like craft brewers and the fact this place is relatively small, and has a very long history of brewing. They make a very unique, line of good beers. I'm a fan.

I'll get a hold of him shortly.

Exactly.

I negotiate part pricing in VERY tense business situations that have millions of dollars at play. Negotiation doesn't work if you try to stick it to the other guy or be rude and abrasive. Stating the facts works best and you have too do your homework.

That's more so the case, if you want to be partners. In general I don't believe in burning bridges. I don't necessarily want to be partners, in this case but I do like craft brewers and the fact this place is relatively small, and has a very long history of brewing. They make a very unique, line of good beers. I'm a fan.

I'll get a hold of him shortly.

Good luck man! I'm very interested to hear how it goes!

I never heard of Schlenk-whatever till this thread. I assumed it was your name.

Back