Brewery Tours!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SEndorf

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I like them ! Enjoyed with a group of friends and fellow brewers.

But I find them hit and miss.

Some are horrendous. Clearly, the flunky that does the tour drew the short straw and reluctantly, and in monotone, describes the “brewing process” in a manner like how the post office sorts mail. At the end of the tour you get your obligatory sample and sent on your way. Waste of time.

Others are fantastic with an energetic brewer that spends little time on the “brewing process” (we all know that) but talks about their recipes, history, marketing philosophy, etc. There’s a meaningful dialogue and they can be great fun.

Wouldn't it be fantastic if we could build a resource/ database to visit brewhouses that provide a worthwhile discussion / tour?

Would you like a tour of my brewery? :)

You've probably never seen so many pellicles.

Would you like a tour of my brewery? :)

You've probably never seen so many pellicles.

I'd love a tour of the infamous RPh_Guy Brewery. Pellicles have their place. As long as you know where they are, and you want them.

But we home brewers are different. I regularly tour my brewery. And play the Pellicle Song by Anna Log.

I don't do a lot of tours because mostly breweries don't offer them. Sometimes it's not even a guided tour; they see me looking at their stuff and they're like "go have a look around if you want". Other times the brewer is really excited when I mention that I homebrew and he gives me a personal tour. One local brewery is going to let me stop by for a brew day. Other times it's like just broad strokes basic stuff like listening to someone explain how to make a bowl of cereal.
I don't know of any offhand that give good tours, sorry.

I like them ! Enjoyed with a group of friends and fellow brewers.

But I find them hit and miss.

Some are horrendous. Clearly, the flunky that does the tour drew the short straw and reluctantly, and in monotone, describes the “brewing process” in a manner like how the post office sorts mail. At the end of the tour you get your obligatory sample and sent on your way. Waste of time.

Others are fantastic with an energetic brewer that spends little time on the “brewing process” (we all know that) but talks about their recipes, history, marketing philosophy, etc. There’s a meaningful dialogue and they can be great fun.

Wouldn't it be fantastic if we could build a resource/ database to visit brewhouses that provide a worthwhile discussion / tour?

Very simple solution to this...create a google sheet or Microsoft 365 Excel Sheet share it with people and make the database...you are welcome!

::mug::

Back