Brewery Stickers, Kegerator Project

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

isomerization

Reaction score
I've seen blog posts about this kind of thing, but didn't see any threads when I searched HBT, so I thought I'd share how I decorated my kegerator.

Last December I mailed envelopes, which included a self-addressed, stamped envelope and a letter asking for stickers or anything cool to 20 of my favorite breweries.

Over the following 2 months, I received my envelopes and even a few packages from 14/20 breweries (one came back returned as I messed up the address apparently). I won't say which breweries didn't reply, but you can probably guess which ones did based on my kegerator:

9ut8gk.jpg

In addition to sending stickers and coasters, several breweries sent personalized letters in return and a few sent even more cool stuff, so shout out to The Alchemist and Deschutes:

20tihpd.jpg

I ended up with 3x the amount of stickers needed for the front face of the kegerator, so I didn't mail out anymore letters (had a list of 40 to start with). Not a bad return for $20 in stamps and some (ok maybe more than I'd care to admit) of my time!

Great tactic on getting free brewery stuff. I was tunnel visioned into thinking I had to make a visit. Furthermore, trading with your fellow HBT members are a great way of getting stickers and swag too from their neck of the woods. Happens way more often than you might think. Just make sure you return the favor and throw something extra in with your bottles.

That's a great idea, didn't think about trading the extras/duplicates I got for other breweries. Would be pretty easy to send through regular mail too.

I did a similar decoration on both of my fermentation chambers, but I choose not to display a sticker unless I personally visit the brewery. I guess I consider them sort of the proverbial "notch in my belt".

very cool and great idea!!

I get a ton of local stickers from my lhbs but I would dig some out of town stuff too.

I did a similar decoration on both of my fermentation chambers, but I choose not to display a sticker unless I personally visit the brewery. I guess I consider them sort of the proverbial "notch in my belt".

I have several friends with a similar mentality as this, but with a family (2 kids under 5), visiting breweries is not at the top of the list when we travel. The shame.

I am going to New Orleans this summer for a work event (microbiology meeting), so will definitely be able to collect some notches in my belt!

Beer festivals are also a great place to get brewery swag. I have a box full of stickers, coasters, and bottle openers from places all over the country.

Back