Brewery near Rosemont, IL?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Homercidal

Licensed Sensual Massage Therapist.
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'm having to go to Chicago, specifically near Rosemont, for a "Supernatural" convention my wife and daughters are dragging me too (Technically I'm dragging them since I'm the one driving, I suppose...)

Anyway, my wife understands that I don't really have a compelling interest in hanging out at the convention all day just to see a couple of actors I don't even actually know, on the other side of a large room.

She suggested I visit a brewery called RAM, but the website really makes it look like a cheesy faux-brewery. I'm not even sure they brew on site.

ANYWAY, I am planning on running down to Revolution and I wondered what everyone thinks of it. Last time I went to Chitown I got to visit Haymarket and it was pretty good. Looking to try something different though.

Thanks!

Ram is not really a brewery, more of a restaurant or bar. Good beer, but nothing special. You can check out Revolution or Pipeworks.

+1 to Revolution and Pipeworks, great beers. The Ram is a brewery/restaurant and the beer is pretty decent, they actually just took medal at GABF for one. The beer at the Rosemont site is actually brewed at the Wheeling location and delivered fresh to serve. The food is typical American Bar food and pretty tasty.

Getting into the city will take you a bit with all the traffic, if you want to go a bit to the west Hopvine just opened in Aurora with a restaurant and brewery, haven't been yet but it's supposed to be great!

Ram is ok, I like revolution. Right now my preference is the half acre tap room. I like hop leaf for a bar as well, good beer and Duck Ruebens!

One really easy trip from Rosemont is to take the Blue Line down to Damon Ave. Get off there and it's about half a block walk over to north Ave. and Piece Pizza and brewery is right there. Decent beer, decent food in a pretty fun area of Chicago.

Haufbrau house is right their and pretty fun. Get a shot get spanked.

I ended up just drinking at the hotel bar. It cost a bit more, but there wasn't actually time for me to drive anywhere. I had a Goose Island Sophie the first night, and then Revolution Anti-Hero the rest of the weekend. I ended up just popping into the bar once or twice a day when I got bored. I wouldn't have minded doing more, but my wife was already spending a bunch of $$.

Latest posts

Back