Brewery names--what's your story?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a big deck out the back door where the BBQ and Brew magic happens. So "Big Deck BBQ and Brew".

Looking for input, very amateur design, but was looking for something simple for our brewery.
The top logo would go on the bottlecaps.

bottlecap.jpg

logo.jpg

I am a bit of a gear head and I love muscle cars, jeeps and Air cooled VWs. When I was younger my dad had a 57 Beetle my grandfather bought new and everyone learned how to drive with it and it has always been in the family. Finally about 8 years ago my dad said I could have it. So we packed up the trailer went to Albany GA to get it from his buddy's house. When we got there it had been destroyed by the guys son. All the glass was busted out, every body panel had been beaten in everything that could have been broken was. The roof has been stomped in and had held so much water it had a 3' hole rusted in it. We also counted 20 bullet holes in it. Heart broken I dragged it home. It was beyond repair. I have been working since that day to get another 56-57 beetle and finally made it happen about a year ago as I I would buy and sell here and there. A 68 and up air cooled beetle is considered a true "Fat Chick". I know it's not PC but I did not make it up. Well a 56-57 is a rare bird but still considered a fat chick in the "oval" (it has the small oval rear window) world. I brew my own beer and work on my own cars. I love my 56 "Fatty Oval". View attachment 174628

I have a 1968 Squareback. I love aircooled VW's. Sorry to hear about your family's car. Some people have no respect.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1391041173.993905.jpg

Uncle Monkey's Homebrewery. Named bc my 3 nieces and 3 nephews call me Uncle Monkey. It just kind of stuck. If you haven't started using 'Untapped' do so. It's a great app. Even have some of my own brews on there. Cheers!

Well me and some guys were brewing when we first started and one of our wives asked if we had some weird bromance going on. I said no its a brewmance. Well my pals don't find it masculine enough lol but it is my brewcaves name at my house. Brewmance Brewing Co.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Home Brew mobile app

Got horses... every good cowboy needs a brand right? And I'm a aviator named Mike. Flying M seemed right for the brand for the ranch and the brewery.

Flying M Ranch  Brewery.jpg

Has anyone heard of Olde Frothingslosh brewery, apparently they make a beer so light that it floats on top of the bubbles.

Yes

Olde Frothingslosh the stale pale ale with the foam on the bottom. Started as a joke by a dj. People were demanding it so Iron City put some of their flagship brew in some cans.

Certainly no worse than calling a beer Moose Drool.

I am new to this brewing stuff. My first big mistake will be Bear Slobber ale. Once when we were backpacking a bear got our bag. Now picture me picking up a couple empty chocolate bar wrappers. Now picture me shaking my hand like I had just been stung by a bee and them not leaving my hand due to the bear slobber. Some redemption was that he took a bite of the dehydrated mash potatoes. He probably didn't drool for a week. Of course we did eat those potatoes for breakfast the last day as that was all the food we had left.

well my explanation probably seems kinda dumb but i like to run around the house naked, and i was watching dragnet one night while learning about brewing on the internet looking up stuff, while naturally being naked and you know how sgt friday always says just the facts maam. well the name was born " Bare Facts Brewing" told ya kinda dumb way of gettin it :eek:

Looking for input, very amateur design, but was looking for something simple for our brewery.
The top logo would go on the bottlecaps.

How can it be the liberty bell with out the crack?

My brewery name is "Drunken Head brewery"... Play on shrunken head. But you also drink the head of a beer.

I have so many logo ideas for it.

How can it be the liberty bell with out the crack?

My brewery name is "Drunken Head brewery"... Play on shrunken head. But you also drink the head of a beer.

I have so many logo ideas for it.

You know I was looking at it the other day and noticed I didn't add the crack in the bell. I'm gonna have to work on that!

well my explanation probably seems kinda dumb but i like to run around the house naked, and i was watching dragnet one night while learning about brewing on the internet looking up stuff, while naturally being naked and you know how sgt friday always says just the facts maam. well the name was born " Bare Facts Brewing" told ya kinda dumb way of gettin it :eek:

I actually like it. Of course, I'm a naked house guy too. And wither way it has a good flow to it. :mug:

My last name is Sowash so I decided to be punny

Sowash One Down Brewery

Here is the label for my ginger beer

Wrong Hop 2.jpg

Looking for some HBT help on naming my brewery.

I love Snowboarding/Mountain Biking, so some of the shortlist:

Backcountry Brewing Co.
Singletrack Brewing Co.
Fall Line Brewing Co.
Powder Hound Brewing Co.
Out of Bounds Brewing Co.
Straightline Brewing Co.
Snow Ghost Brewing Co.

I'm open to using other things than Brewing Co. like Brewhouse, Ale Works, etc.

Help a brother out!

I also ski and mountain bike.

I like fall line alewerks

Wish we could work on the singletrack somehow. Needs a little punch but would love to incorporate that one. Was also throwing around Mogul something or other for mine. Best I could come up with was Mogul Muncher Alewerks. My other idea is Pecksniff Alewerks FSR. I ride a stumpjumper fsr. For Powder I would use Powder Stash Brewing. SInce this is an old post what did you decide on. And help me on mine.

Mine was a boring pick... Clover Creek Brewery - named after a local waterway who's headwaters are about a block from my house.

10 years ago, my wife and I met and got married after both of us losing our spouses to cancer. About 3 years ago, we we're blessed to find a nice house on a hillside with an awesome view (complete with a pair of nesting bald eagles just down the road). Every morning we get up, look out the back windows at the rising sun and thank God for each other and all that He has provided by His grace. Consequently, we decided to give our property the name, "Grace Hill", which is the name of our home brew.

#2 Beer Label.jpg

Just an odd, old first tier suburb of Minneapolis. Survived all sorts of hard times and some wicked economic downturns. But I'll tell you; It's Better In Birdtown!

I made up some poker chips for the games room I was going to make ( and still plan on). The room is called Lumpy's Gaming Lounge. Going with that theme my brewery is Gaming Lounge Brewery.

Sent from my SGH-I717M using Home Brew mobile app

1391498984591.jpg

Being a Packer fan and born and raised in Wisconsin and also an complete noob to home brewing, I'm considering the following:

-Packer Sweep Brewing

-Cheddarhed3 Brewing

-26 Brew House (in honor of Chuck Cecil)

Only have 4 batches under my belt and enough time to come up with a good one. Cheers folks.

I went with Two Chairs Brewing. We have a couple of Muskoka chairs in our front yard where my wife and I sit every evening when the weather allows and enjoy a relaxing brew or two.ImageUploadedByHome Brew1392650920.193497.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

My brewery name is very simple.

High Steele Brewery.

My last name is high (weed jokes aside please) and my mother's maiden name is Steele. I originally was going to go with High Steele Bridge Brewery but, I thought it was too long. So I dropped the bridge. My friends have suggested I should go with Steele High Brewery but I feel I get enough flack from having the last name High already.

Desert Center Brewery

I live in the middle of the desert

cannot think of a better excuse for a beer than being in the middle of a desert.

AsgardNorth Brewery. When I moved to Vermont my Father-in-law (who died a few years before I met his daughter) called his home AsgardNorth. Found out him and I had a lot in common, only he had better choice of women, but that's another story.

Each beer that doesn't suck that I have made gets the JTL's Finest stamp on it. For my 3 three sons, two of which (twins) died shortly after birth almost 7 years ago.

and Xenomaniac, I understand the last name thing... I cannot really call my brewery... Stoner Brewing :)

AsgardNorth Brewery. When I moved to Vermont my Father-in-law (who died a few years before I met his daughter) called his home AsgardNorth. Found out him and I had a lot in common, only he had better choice of women, but that's another story.

Each beer that doesn't suck that I have made gets the JTL's Finest stamp on it. For my 3 three sons, two of which (twins) died shortly after birth almost 7 years ago.

and Xenomaniac, I understand the last name thing... I cannot really call my brewery... Stoner Brewing :)

You could!!

Sent from my iPod touch using Home Brew

Stoner brewery? Most people dont know that hops and cannibus are the only 2 species in the same family (the acutal latin name escapes me, but thats not important) and people have actually experimented with interchanging the 2 in brewing. If (or more or less when) mary jane become legal for recreational usage. You could have a great name for a craft brewery, or if you trademark it, you could sell it. You could be the myspace of the brewing world! It sold for an un godly amount.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Home Brew mobile app

I have recently named mine " The Rusty Shed Brewing co".
Just brewed my Exotic blonde last weekend, seems odd really, having Exotic Blonde and Rusty Shed together lol

Thinking Red-Headed Step Child Brewery.
Idk yet though
Beers like soul stealer (porter) or beaten black and red (for a red ale) and others i haven't decided on

My home brew is labeled simply "Libby Hill Brewery".

Why? I live in an area of the county that was formally recognized as the Libby community and my property is on top of a big hill. Not very sophisticated but it rolls off the tongue quite well.

A brew friend of mine and I are are going to collaborate on a brew this summer and label it "Trailer Trash Beer Burners" something or nother. We haven't settled in a style yet but we figure with a name like that it better be something that ends up tasty!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I've been calling mine Spare Bedroom Breweries, or SBB for short. My brewery also has a wine division that I've been calling Near the Window Wines. I don't think I have to explain either of these names. My cousin is a cartoonest and I've got him working on some logos for both.

Red Planet Brewery - With the last name Marr, I label my brews "Marr's Rastroid Barleywine", Marr's Black Cap Porter", etc.... my current avatar is from the barleywine label...

Back