Brewers best summer ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wranglerx16

Reaction score
This is my second batch I just made it and am using my glass carboy to ferment. I don't think I added to much water but at around 77 my og is only around 1.038. I have yet to pitch my yeast. The target for this kit is 1.042-1.046. My batch last year was 1.042. Any suggestions?

Proceed as usual. Those few points will not make much of a difference and you will still end up with beer :mug:

BrewScout said:
Proceed as usual. Those few points will not make much of a difference and you will still end up with beer :mug:

Ok. Thanks I know my hydrometer seems a tad off with water it's 1.002 so I adjust for that. I didn't think it would affect it much .. Just a ya lower alcohol. Just hoping its not watery tasting

I tasted the beer it tasted fine I bottled it about a month ago. First one seemed alright had a few more and they are flat. I added the recommended amount for a 5 gal batch.. Any suggestions what to do?

Back