Brewers best hop additions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewboz

Reaction score
Hey there is recently bought a brewers best penutbutter brown ale extract kit. It came with three hop packets. How to I got about adding them? The instructions don't specify when or how much to use. I have here a picture of the instructions. Also the hops in these instructions are not the ones that came with the kit. Thanks
Capture+_2018-07-18-20-07-25.png

What hops did they give you? And what are their amounts and alpha acid percentage (AA)?

Here are the ingredients so 3 1oz packets of the same hops. I'm thinking adding 10 min after the boil then 25 min after then 45 min after and using all of each packet for each addition?

Attachments

• 0718182231.jpg
    0718182231.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 272
Go ahead and substitute the hallertau instead of the tettnang, following the same instructions. I see them in the box labeled brew day schedule.
One package at the start of the boil (to be boiled a total of 60 minutes).
One package after 35 minutes (to be boiled 25 minutes).
You'll have an extra packet left over. Freebie!

That'll give you 19 IBU
https://www.brewersfriend.com/ibu-calculator/

P.S. That is a LOT of peanut butter flavor. Consider adding only 1 or 2 ounces.

Thanks a lot I was thinking about only adding 2 oz of the peanut butter as well.

You can add the peanut butter flavor at packaging. Start very low and taste, add more (if needed) and taste, etc. A buddy of mine made this, added too much PB flavor and it dominated the flavor to what was probably a good beer's detriment

It's right there, on bottom right of page 1. "Brew day schedule". Must have thrown in an extra pack.
The thread was only a few posts long.

@TANSTAAFB yeah I only used like 1oz per 5 gal in a porter, after doing a tasting trial lineup. I think 4 oz would be ridiculous.

Looks like this kit has variable ingredients. From Austin Homebrew the hops are 2 ounces of UK East Kent Golding.

The thread was only a few posts long.

@TANSTAAFB yeah I only used like 1oz per 5 gal in a porter, after doing a tasting trial lineup. I think 4 oz would be ridiculous.

He meant the bottom of the Brewers Best instructions(attachment), where it says Brew Day Schedule. It says the times for hops additions. The blanks are for you to right in the actual time you add them, to keep track. I did a Brewers Best kit and found the instructions pretty good, a little better than NB.

Latest posts

Back