brewers best european bock

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bbell83

Reaction score
My final gravity ended up at a 1.03 and not knowing any better I went ahead and bottled. After 4 weeks in bottles it carbed nice but is very sweet. Is it still OK to drink or should it be poured out. The OG was about 1.07

sounds very sweet and possibly like it was not done, how long did you ferment for? There is no reason not to drink it. What exactly are you worried about?

Only second batch. Will get it figured out. I'm drinking it. Just wasn't sure about it

yeah, nothing that will make you sick or anything if that's your concern. Good luck on the next batch

Guess a little concerned. Now to drinking it. Thanks a lot bud. Could I have pitched more yeast to make it drop lower?

Both brews have been brewers best kits. 1st was a cream ale and then the European bock. Thought about a porter next but not sure. Any suggestions?

Was the 1.030 FG a one-time reading or did it truly finish there? Did you take the reading with a hydrometer or a refractometer?

The fact that your bottles are "nicely carbed" means that it could possibly have been done, even though a 1.030 is awfully high. What yeast did you use and what was your ferment temp?

The few kit bocks I've tasted seemed to all be a little bit on the sweet side. If it's drinkable, drink it. Invited some friends who prefer sweet beers to share it with you.

Used yeast that came with kit. Checked it 2 days after initial check just to make sure. Ferment temps were around the 68-70 F region. Using a hydrometer that came with my brewers best brewers kit

Pretty sure the Brewers Best kit comes with Lager yeast....that may be your problem. I only bring it up because I have the kit and I was looking at it the other day and noticed it.

Back