Brewers best double ipa

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

subaru2005

Reaction score
I'm new to the home brew community and brewed my first batch of brewers best double ipa. It has been fermenting for 3 days and has slowed down a little, (not as many bubbles) Is it necessary to put it in the carboy? If so when? I don't want to ruin my first batch.

Slowed a bit? Make sure it stops before you put it in the secondary. Better yet, take a hydrometer reading and see if it's finished fermenting.
Changing your beer from the primary carboy to the secondary is to take the beer off of that nasty yeast. If you love it early it will slow your fermentation down. And then your beer might not finish. Some people don't even move it to a secondary carboy.
Good beer takes patience. Wait a full week or two before touching it.

Kmcogar said:
Slowed a bit? Make sure it stops before you put it in the secondary. Better yet, take a hydrometer reading and see if it's finished fermenting.
Changing your beer from the primary carboy to the secondary is to take the beer off of that nasty yeast. If you love it early it will slow your fermentation down. And then your beer might not finish. Some people don't even move it to a secondary carboy.
Good beer takes patience. Wait a full week or two before touching it.

Thanks

I been there myself. But since it's a imperial ipa. Give it time to ferment. The dry hop the hell out of it. Mmmmmm. I have one that just got done fermentation. It's been about 2 weeks. I'm dry hopping it tonight with 3 ounces of hops

Back