Breweries/Pubs to check out in Houston, TX?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Try and make it by Saint Arnold Brewing Co. Ask for a cask conditioned Divine #15, if they have any available. It is a special reserve RIS, that I highly recommend. I also know that Karbach and Buffalo Bayou also have brewery tours, but if you can only make 1, then St Arnold's would be my choice. Cheers!

Haven't been to any of the breweries so I can't comment on the tours/facilities. But as for the beer itself, of the three listed above, I would rank them 1.Buffalo Bayou > 2.Karbach > 3.St Arnold. However, I'm a recent transplant to the area and it seems that St Arnold has a pretty strong local following, likely because they're the largest and have been around the longest.

The best beer bar I've been to in Houston is The Hay Merchant. Huge tap selection, all good stuff. If you want a hidden gem, look up Moon Tower Inn.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Brand new one down in Dicknson/Texas City: Galveston Bay Beer Co. This is only the 3rd weekend their taproom has been open. Very good selection of several small batch brews plus their four flagship beers. All I've had have been very good.

St Arnolds is about to start serving a 7 month burbon barrel aged pumpkin RIS next week. It is called BB9. This is basically their Pumpkinator beer aged in the barrel and worth trying if you make it to the brewery. IMO

Back