Breweries in Airports...Awesome!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HumboldtBrewer

Reaction score
So I just recently flew into Portland on my way back to Bend, and I saw they had a Laurelwood Brewing Co. in my terminal. I asked the bartender if he would fill a growler if I brought one. His answer was "absolutely". So now that I am flying to Switzerland from Portland next fall, I'll be filling up a 64 oz. growler for the 12 hour flight...or maybe 2 growlers.

Anyways, I hope this happens in all airports everywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

So I just recently flew into Portland on my way back to Bend, and I saw they had a Laurelwood Brewing Co. in my terminal. I asked the bartender if he would fill a growler if I brought one. His answer was "absolutely". So now that I am flying to Switzerland from Portland next fall, I'll be filling up a 64 oz. growler for the 12 hour flight...or maybe 2 growlers.

Anyways, I hope this happens in all airports everywhere.

So, it's after security so you can carry liquids on the plane? I've never been able to do that, except for a coffee place that was inside security and I got a cup of coffee to take on that plane that way. it's pretty sad that was something that made me happy, when I come to think about it. :drunk::drunk:

Yeah it was after security. Just bring a empty growler through security. Although it may have to be aluminum cause they may not allow glass.

Do they actually brew in the airport? I thought our Cigar City was the only ones that did that. Yes, it's after security. I've drank there when flying Southwest (I think). Don't know if they'll fill growlers. From their web site:

ccb.jpg

Rogue also has a place in another concourse, all within walking distance. I've been known to have a pint at either place waiting for my flight. No growlers tho, my flights are typically under 2 hrs.

I thought FAA's rule was to not open them on the plane? When I bought a bomber and a 6-pack in Anchorage they slapped some big ole red stop sign stickers on them... I guess growlers are better. Unfortunately I made a connecting in Portland before I headed back to Arkansas and didnt have a place for a pint in my terminal.

I thought FAA's rule was to not open them on the plane? When I bought a bomber and a 6-pack in Anchorage they slapped some big ole red stop sign stickers on them... I guess growlers are better. Unfortunately I made a connecting in Portland before I headed back to Arkansas and didnt have a place for a pint in my terminal.

The rule is that you can drink your own provided that it's served by a flight attendant. In other words, they want to be aware how much you are having.

I have a friend that brought a bottle of Dom Perignon for his birthday (bought at duty free and not subject to liquids limits at TSA) and the flight attendant was more than happy to serve them in first class, using my friend's own Champagne stemware no less.

MC

The rule is that you can drink your own provided that it's served by a flight attendant. In other words, they want to be aware how much you are having.

I have a friend that brought a bottle of Dom Perignon for his birthday (bought at duty free and not subject to liquids limits at TSA) and the flight attendant was more than happy to serve them in first class, using my friend's own Champagne stemware no less.

MC

Now that is a fun story! Alright, well when I make my trip back up to Alaska this summer I will def inquire about it to the staff. The place in that airport will fill growlers too.

Do they actually brew in the airport? I thought our Cigar City was the only ones that did that. Yes, it's after security. I've drank there when flying Southwest (I think). Don't know if they'll fill growlers. From their web site:

No, I don't believe Laurelwood brews in the airport.

We have a new Belgium hub in Denver, really great food, to. Now I have motivation to show up early for a flight!

Back