Brewer on a Budget

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

corpsman619

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm a noobie brewer on a budget and I am in need of bottles! I got a pale ale fermenting and no bottles, I was wondering if anyone in the San Diego area (I live in Imperial Beach) woods be willing to donate a couple cases? I would gladly repay you in beer :tank:

Thanks guys!

Every once in a while, I go to one of my local craft-beer-focused bars and put a couple boxes there for them to toss bottles into (instead of the trash can they normally use). They've always been glad to do it -- helps that I bring them tasty samples.

Maybe try that around you? :mug:

Every once in a while, I go to one of my local craft-beer-focused bars and put a couple boxes there for them to toss bottles into (instead of the trash can they normally use). They've always been glad to do it -- helps that I bring them tasty samples.

Maybe try that around you? :mug:

I do that, too. Or put out the call on whatever social media you use for your friends to save bottles.

Since my son & I both drink craft beer from pop top bottles,I had him save me his boxes of bottles. I also got some sturdy case boxes that way.

Pretty much the only one of my friends that doesn't drink twist top beers. I have collected some bottles from one little bar in the area but most bars sell their bottles to the recycling center so they don't want to part with them. I guess I'm going to just have to wait till payday and buy a few cases, it just seems so wrong to have to buy beer bottles!

Seems harder to do now,even with cheaper beers going to twist offs &/or cans. I thought Bud regular cases were still pop tops. Got stuck with a case of twisties. At least got a case box. I'm starting to replace my 12 pack leinenkugel boxes with case boxes to make a shorter stack.

I mentioned the need for bottles at a brew club meeting and the next week my awesome club brothers brought in 9 cases

Don't buy empty bottles... You know that they sell them with beer in it, right?

anyways, there is a thread on HBT (probably in the bottling section) for people post if they have empty bottles; and look on craigslist too. Brewers who have moved onto kegging often have a lot of empties they can now part with.

Pretty much the only one of my friends that doesn't drink twist top beers. I have collected some bottles from one little bar in the area but most bars sell their bottles to the recycling center so they don't want to part with them. I guess I'm going to just have to wait till payday and buy a few cases, it just seems so wrong to have to buy beer bottles!

Buy them just a little over what the recycling center pays. Bring cash. WIN!

The idea of buying bottles full of beer is a good one. After seeing empty Grolsch bottles on ebay selling for $3-4 plus shipping (crazy), I went to the local beer store and bought a dozen full bottles for about $2.25 each.

Yeah,a more local brew club closer than Cleveland might be nice. It'd be cool to have someone to share beers with,etc.

I'll send you some bottles as long as you send a couple back filled with beer. PM me your address

Latest posts

Back