Brewed yesterday

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamespz03

Reaction score
After a long hiatus due to my stupidity https://www.homebrewtalk.com/forum/threads/bad-batch.644929/ , I brewed some Black IPA. I made some changes (drink before, during, after) and eased up on the OCD sanitation process. I forgot how fun it was to brew. I'm hoping this batch and my double IPA (next batch) go smoothly because I would then consider upgrading to a 5 gallon kit or just get another 1 gallon kit so I can have two brews going.

1-Gallon kits are a blast. I have a 5-gallon set up, but I'll also do 1-gal brews if I'm trying something really out there from time to time. If I'm doing a super BIG beer I usually do a 1-3 gallon batch to keep the cost down. Hope it turns out well!

I agree, one gallon batches are fun to do. I started that way then increased to 2.5g batches, but lately have done a couple one gallon brews again. Glad you’re giving it another try, hope they turn out well!

1 gal batches were how I learned...it allows you to make lots of mistakes and learn from them...and early on I definitely made a lot of mistakes :D I'd brew 4 different 1-gallons at the same time and experiment with them and see what worked and what didn't. It also forces you to hone your process and that helps a lot down the road.

I also started out brewing 1 gallon batches. I still do sometimes. Just like snarf7 i also brewed 4 different types of beers. Which is cool because i had a variety of beers to choose from. Start small, & work your way up. If you screw one batch up, no worries. You still have 3 batches to chose from. The more you brew, the better you get. Have fun with it brother. Hope this helps. Happy brewing.

Back