brew stand weld inserts for casters?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poislb

Reaction score
How is everyone installing casters on there brewstand, I'm not having much luck searching for what I need. I think I'm looking for the threaded weld inserts for square tube but can only find them in the UK. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Would also love some input as to what you use for installing your casters on your brew stand. THANKS In advance.

Web Links to what you bought would to install casters would be very helpful.

fwiw, I went with expanding stem total lockers from Caster City...
3A5BKX-EXR-ML.jpg

Cheers!

Hard to see, but I just cut 4 plates and welded them to the legs. One of the 4 holes I welded the nut to the inside of the leg to utilize all for caster mounts.

smugshot_57321-XL.jpg

I kind of did the same as 30bones on my brew stand. I used the plate mounted casters like 30bones. I cut some metal plate to size and I just welded your standard nickel-plated nuts to the back side, then welded the plates to the frame. I used the threaded stem casters on my grain mill and basically did the same thing except is one large nut instead of four smaller nuts. Works great and it's cheap.

P.S. Use a grinder or Dremel to remove the nickel plating before welding.

Still amazed how crappy my single tier rolls even empty. I'm always fighting it like a worn out shopping cart. Casters weren't mega cheap harbor freight pieces either.

I have the ones from caster city that expand into the 2x2" tubing, they are nice but very expensive. For my next stand, I'm using the bolt on ones with the plate shown above. That looks nice by the way.

I may try HF ones if I ever stop by with a 20% coupon and they are already on sale. Next project is a motorized mill so I will need more anyway

Back