Brew Stand Liquid Plumbing Valve Check

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clawson

Reaction score
Hello,

(I had this in the DIY Section buried in Brew Stands but was not getting any responses... so I figured I would move it here before I order the items).

I'm looking to modify my system to stop moving my liquid lines around during my brew day. (Call me lazy, and/or don't want to burn myself with wort again).

Attached is a picture of what I'm thinking. Since I have stout 20 gallon kettles, everything would be tri clamp and looking at the 1" tees for my bcs probes and 1" 3 way ball valves to move the flow. I would like to have the thermometers back into the kettles and measure the temperature as it is hitting the mash by the sparge arm.

2V = 2 Way Valve
3V = 3 Way Valve
TW = Thermowell
H = Hose

Its been a long day, already made a mistake posting this in the wrong area when I moved it, so what did I screw up?

Matt

Diagram.jpg

Clawson,
Took me a few minutes to read it all and trace it all through. Everything looks good as long as you gravity your BK through your chiller. Then the only issue is going to be how you sanitize your equipment from that end on. I'm guessing you currently recirculate the boiling wort through it then start chill.

I completely agree on being done with burning yourself switching hoses. Im at the same stage of the game as you. The 3 way valves a good idea. Let me know how it pans out and if you find a good place to buy them from.

-Imp

Latest posts

Back