Brew Stand Caster Issue - Suggestions?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonGrafto

Reaction score
Afternoon all. I recently bought a brew stand similar to this one pictured below. It is welded on all sides on the bottom and I wanted to add casters to it. Suggestions on what the best way to mount casters at this point?

I have thought about 2" wide U-Bolts and attaching them to a plate caster.

Any thoughts are welcomed.. Thanks!

test.jpg

This is how I did mine. I never liked stud style castors, then again these ones don't roll that great either :drunk:
smugshot_6230098-XL.jpg

If you can weld, make a small trapezoid shaped piece of steel for each corner, drill a hole in it, weld it to the inside corner of the stand.
Bolt on a stud mount caster.

If the steel thickness was 0.120" wall or thicker (no idea why you would go so thick) but you could drill and tap 3 of the 4 holes if your stand is like the one above with the lower crossmembers at the very bottom.

You could make a 2x4/plywood base, paint it and mount the stand to it and then the casters to the wood, and this would also provide you a bottom shelf:)

Drill a hole on the bottom big enough for the bolt to go through, then bolt it up. My casters suck, but they work and cost me a buck each from a garage sale!

1404957874253.jpg

That brick is my locking mechanism for my casters... not shiny, but hey, it works for me

Back