Brew Rotation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmac93

Reaction score
Wanted to take a quick poll. What type of homebrew do you keep on tap and what do you rotate? I have a 5 tap keezer. Just interested in how people manage their system.

My current set up:
Tap 1 - Osceola Gold
Tap 2 - Renegade Red
Tap 3 - Pasadena Porter
Tap 4 - Bowden Brown
Tap 5 - Unconquered IPA

P.S. GO NOLES!!!

by what i like to drink... usually my 4 tap keezer is: something hoppy, something belgian: a stout on nitro, and something else hoppy.

I do a terrible job of making sense of my tap rotation. When I first set up my keggerator I brewed based on what would be a good mix on tap. Now my keggerator is an unfortunate bystander to my brewing whims. :p

Haha.. For those that didn't go to FSU - those beers are all named after FSU themes. Nice work dude. Are you brewing in Tally?

I haven't made the switch to kegging yet, so I'm limited to how much space I have for bottles.

Batch 1: Odin's Winter Stout
Batch 2: Idunn Citrus Weiss (which I thought I ruined, but was able to save with candy flavor oils)
On Deck: Ragnarok Bourbon Barrel Red Ale

alright an FSU fan.. Nice work on the names. Normally I keep and IPA, usually a similar recipe just tweeked a little, than either a brown, rye or amber. Then usually a stout or porter.

It depends on the time of year. Fall winter and early spring I like to keep a brown on tap at all times then rotate in a pale or ipa, then on my third tap a stout. In the summer months I keep a wheat beer, pale ale, and rotate between an IPA and rye pa on the third tap.

over the last couple years I have generally had the following on hand

*British Bitter
*British Dark Mild
*"C Hop" pale ale and/or american amber (hoppy)
*Some pale lager (helles, Dortmunder, pilsner)
*Some light ale (american wheat or a real light APA)
*Porter or american brown
*Something else.....IPA, Oktoberfest, Scottish, Stout, etc.

I just use picnic taps. I have a fridge that will hold 6 kegs and a chest freezer that can hold 4 kegs when not being used for fermentation chamber for lagers.

I can have 3 kegs in my fridge. I have the oldest brew in the most empty keg. The next oldest in the keg with the middle volume left. And the newest brew is in the keg that is the most full.. ;) :drunk:

I always have a hoppy IPA or PA on tap - thats one constant. The other I usually move through lots of different beers depending on time of year. Recently its seen a Session Ale, Bourbon Barrel Aged Porter, Amber Ale, Pumpkin Ale, among others. Next up is a Golden Strong Ale aged with blueberries & blackberries, BReakfast Stout, and Pale Wheat ale.

Wish I drank more cause my keggerator has 4 taps and can hold up to 5 kegs - but I can only have two on tap or else it takes me FOREVER to work through the kegs.

@ Conman - No, I am in Suwanee, GA. Just above the Fulton line in Forsyth County. My brother still lives in Tally.

Thanks for the feedback. It is real difficult to keep all five taps flowing. My wife is real picky, she likes light beers. I prefer IPA, Browns, APAs, etc... Don't have the ability to lager at the moment.

Currently have ,
American IPA
Black Cherry stout
Scottish ale
Belgin wit (blue moon clone)

Rusty

I have enough bottles to keep about 8-9 batches in rotation. My current plan is to brew fast enough to fill them, then just maintain as bottles become available. Variety is key on my list of things to brew. Currently many experiments to see how well what types turn out, but the list currently is:
Nearly depleted Scottish Heavy
Nearly depleted Generic Yellow extra hoppy
Almost ready Nut brown
Another month ginger beer
Another 6 weeks IIPA
In carboys:
SMASH 2 row vs vienna comparison
A tale of two dunkels (failed weizenbock parti gyle attempt)
Next in line:
Some type of stout
Another weizenbock attempt
Any suggestions light on adjuncts (budget low ATM) - have 2 row, vienna, wheat malt, crystal 40+60, chocolate, and 1lb munich in stock.

Wanted to take a quick poll. What type of homebrew do you keep on tap and what do you rotate? I have a 5 tap keezer. Just interested in how people manage their system.

My current set up:
Tap 1 - Osceola Gold
Tap 2 - Renegade Red
Tap 3 - Pasadena Porter
Tap 4 - Bowden Brown
Tap 5 - Unconquered IPA

P.S. GO NOLES!!!

Would you mind sharing your recipes for Osceola Gold and Renegade Red? I am going to have two open taps soon and want to try out some different recipes for these two styles.

I will need to post the Renegade Red later, but here is the Osceola Gold:

Batch Size: 11.00 gal
Amount Name Type #
4 lbs 8.0 oz Wheat, Flaked
14 lbs Pale Malt (2 Row) US
2.0 oz Willamette [5.5%] - Boil 60 min
0.55 tsp Yeast Nutrient (Boil 15 min)
2.00 oz Coriander Seed (Boil 5 min)
2.00 oz Orange Peel, Sweet (Boil 5 min)
2 pkgs Safale American (DCL/Fermentis #US-05)

The orange was not as prominent this last batch. May add to secondary instead of the boil...

Renegade Red:

Batch Size: 11.00 gal
Amount Name Type #
2 lbs 3.0 oz Crystal 40
2 lbs Biscuit Malt
1 lbs 3.0 oz Carapils
1 lbs 3.0 oz Munich 20L
4.8 oz Chocolate Malt
17 lbs Pale Malt (2 Row) US
3.0 oz Willamette
2.20 tsp Irish Moss
1 pkgs California Ale (White Labs #WLP001)

I have used Nottingham too and really like it. Trying the "Pepsi Challenge" to see which one I like more.

Haha.. For those that didn't go to FSU - those beers are all named after FSU themes. Nice work dude. Are you brewing in Tally?

Surprised Wide Right IIPA isn't on the OP's list.

How about Shameis Winston Barrel-aged Vanilla Porter?

Back