Brew pumps?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geneticjim

Reaction score
I am looking for a pump that I can put some back pressure on with a valve. I've been doing research, it seems only March pumps have the magnetic drive so I can do so?

I have a March. Expensive but extremely good.

Chugger are also supposedly good.

I would avoid a cheap pump especially if its to pump hot wort.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by a moderator:
I have a march and chugger. Just make sure you have full 1/2" flow to the chugger or it will not pump correctly.

I have one of the tan 12v and a chugger, able to throttle both with valves on the discharge side.
Bobby_M has a good video on pump maintenance as well that I'd recommend.

I actually have this one. It seemed to leave an oil residue floating on the top of the water when I was cleaning it out

Strange maybe some sort of manufacturing residue from the pump, hoses or fittings.. I have 7 of these and have taken mine apart a few times.. they are completely sealed inside with nothing but food grade pps plastic, the ceramic shaft and a stainless disc touching the liquid.
I've been using these for 4 years now with no issues but they do break easily if dropped. Price aside the TD5 is a bit stronger and better design.
The cheaper tan ones come in 12v that pumps like 2 1 GPM and the 24v version does just over 3gpm.. I think the TD5 is closer to 4 or 5 any of these can be regulated with a ball valve or PWM controller.

Strange maybe some sort of manufacturing residue from the pump, hoses or fittings.. I have 7 of these and have taken mine apart a few times.. they are completely sealed inside with nothing but food grade pps plastic, the ceramic shaft and a stainless disc touching the liquid.
I've been using these for 4 years now with no issues but they do break easily if dropped. Price aside the TD5 is a bit stronger and better design.
The cheaper tan ones come in 12v that pumps like 2 1 GPM and the 24v version does just over 3gpm.. I think the TD5 is closer to 4 or 5 any of these can be regulated with a ball valve or PWM controller.

Thank you.

Back