Brew Pal missing?!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gunsington

Reaction score
Hey all, has anyone else noticed Brew Pal missing from the iphone app store? I was having sync issues after the most recent app update so I exported all my recipes and deleted the app, hoping to start from scratch. But when I opened the app store to re-install, I can't find Brew Pal anywhere (Canadian or US store).

Anyone else having issues?

Strange I just got an update on it the other day that had some fixes. Not finding it now...

I hadn't noticed until you mentioned it. I just looked and couldn't find it either.

Weird timing though, I just purchased BeerSmith to try it out. I like BrewPal, but I noticed it was buggy after the latest update:

- slow to react when you tapped something from the homescreen
- refractometer inputs were acting crazy after you entered them; you had to hit done on the keyboard, the brix would disappear, and then hit cancel and it would show up again.
- Predicted gravities were different in the fermentables screen and the boil screen on most of my recipes.

I haven't used BS yet, but it looks like a great program. I hope it's as user friendly as BrewPal is.

And this is why I don't update BrewPal for a couple of months after the update is released.

It is back up on the app store

I'm having the same issues. It shows I have 21 saved recipes but they are all null/ none when I open them.
It really sucks bc I like the timers and planned to brew this weekend.

image.jpg

I lost eleven recipes. All except one, which I brewed a month ago. This really sucks, as I didn't really have a backup - I was relying on the Icloud. Guess that wasn't the best plan.:(

I lost eleven recipes. All except one, which I brewed a month ago. This really sucks, as I didn't really have a backup - I was relying on the Icloud. Guess that wasn't the best plan.:(

Update ...All my recipes are back!!

I decided to see if there was a way to restore my phone to an earlier date. So I backed up what was on my phone and did a restore from the last backup, which was October 2014.
To do the restore, you have to do a number of things including turning off "Find My iPhone".

Good luck!

I finally updated to the new release. I made sure to backup all my recipes to my desktop before upgrading.

I've also made sure the "use iCloud" is turned off since that seems to cause a lot of people problems with their upgrades.

I'm still looking at switching to BeerSmith.

Back