Brew over two days

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tenbrew

Reaction score
Ever since I went to all grain my brew days are so long that I find myself brewing less often - terrible. Can I do all my lautering/sparging during an evening, leave the pot covered overnight, and then do my boil tomorrow? Or is that way too risky?

I used to do this quite a bit after the birth of my son and things were crazy. My brews still turned out ok. I made sure and sanitized the pot that it sat in and made sure it was covered and boiled the next day

Sent from my iPod touch using Home Brew

I've heard of a few people doing this. I might consider doing this. It's tough to find a block of time to brew with a new baby

Research BIAB brewing and no chill. If your grains are milled fine, your mash can be cut from an hour to 30 minutes or even less. You still have to boil but if you want you can eliminate the chilling completely by pouring the boiling hot wort into a fermenter bucket and putting the lid on. The hot wort and the steam will pasteurize the bucket and if you put a minimal amount of water into the airlock (or use one of the "S" shaped ones) you won't suck any of that into the bucket as the wort cools. It will probably take well over 24 hours for the wort to chill to the temperature of the room but you might be able to set it in a fermentation chamber after 12 hours to speed that up. Pitch the yeast when the wort gets down to temperature.

That combination should be able to get your brew day down to about 2 hours.

Back