Brew Masters on Discovery w/ Sam Calagione

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To Discovery channel, you can run, but you can not hide. I have a DVR that seeks and destroys all your attempts to bounce Brewmaster into oblivion. You schedule it on Sunday, my DVR finds it, you move it to Monday, I'm scheduled to record, move it from Monday DVR finds it on Thursday and sets to record. The machines are going to take over the world. Do not resist, find a time slot and leave it there.

To Discovery channel, you can run, but you can not hide. I have a DVR that seeks and destroys all your attempts to bounce Brewmaster into oblivion. You schedule it on Sunday, my DVR finds it, you move it to Monday, I'm scheduled to record, move it from Monday DVR finds it on Thursday and sets to record. The machines are going to take over the world. Do not resist, find a time slot and leave it there.

By your command Imperious Leader :D

what they moved it to thursdays now? first sundays, then mondays and now thursdays. i fear for this show. shows that change days and times don't generally last very long

The jumping around of time slots sucks for this show. I'll have it DVR'd though.

Anyways, in the description of the next episode it says that 120 Minute is their "Signature beer" Really? I would think 60 minute is.

This program is exactly what I expected to see in a cable channel production (it would never have been done on the networks, obviously). This thread would be much more interesting if we restarted it in one of the chat forums on HBT as "What would be your expectations of a TV show on brewing?" Now THAT would be one fascinating thread....

This program is exactly what I expected to see in a cable channel production (it would never have been done on the networks, obviously). This thread would be much more interesting if we restarted it in one of the chat forums on HBT as "What would be your expectations of a TV show on brewing?" Now THAT would be one fascinating thread....

My first thought would have been more like a cooking show, where one maybe two people go over the process of brewing and brew beer in front of you (time lapse) and discuss recipes etc each week. But then that would have been a show more toward home brewing I think. If you told me the show was going to be called "Brewmasters" then I would not be so sure what to expect. Maybe a featured brewer each week more than a featured brewery.

(why start a new thread to discuss?)

Spoiler Alert: In an upcoming episode, Sam welcomes Mike Rowe to the brewery and tells him to go clean out the mash tun . . . .

;)

what they moved it to thursdays now? first sundays, then mondays and now thursdays. i fear for this show. shows that change days and times don't generally last very long

:cross::drunk::cross:
Ya, feel dizzy with all the changes and missed episode 3. And, they are not (currently) showing repeats on other days. :(

What keg tap does he use for the corny keg of bitches brew? It was tall and had a Co2 tank attached to it, I want one.

My first thought would have been more like a cooking show, where one maybe two people go over the process of brewing and brew beer in front of you (time lapse) and discuss recipes etc each week. But then that would have been a show more toward home brewing I think. If you told me the show was going to be called "Brewmasters" then I would not be so sure what to expect. Maybe a featured brewer each week more than a featured brewery.

(why start a new thread to discuss?)

It would be off-topic in this thread.

I quite enjoy the show. I didn't expect it to go very in-depth with the brewing process itself. I wish they would talk about the culture surrounding the craft brewers actually.

That was either a sixtel or a slim quarter keg. Standard sanke coupler.

It was tall, with a small co2 tank attached. I'm very new to home brew, and I don't know all the terms yet, but I looked up the sanke coupler, and it is just the thing that attached to the keg.

I want something portable to take a Corney out to my boat with out having to haul a large co2 tank (something that attached to the keg itself). Any help is appreciated, pm me as I do not want to get off topic.

Thanks

anywhere you can watch this series on the internet....I dont have cable TV (yea, LAME I know!)

Anyone get their hands on some Bitches Brew?...My LHBS was able to get 2 cases. I guess he got them by mistake because they were normally supposed to go to restaurants?
anyways, I picked up Two bottles. one to try and one to leave on the shelf for a few months.

From: http://dsc.discovery.com/tv-schedules/series.html?paid=1.16797.26255.40186.1

Dec 09, 8:00 pm
(60 minutes)
Brew Masters
Grain to Glass
TV-PG (L), CC

First "cedar-fied" beer is debuted and delays occur when 9,000 gals of 120 Minute IPA is flagged by authorities.

EDIT: Also that schedule reads:

Dec 09, 11:00 pm
(60 minutes)
Brew Masters
Grain to Glass
TV-PG (L), CC

First "cedar-fied" beer is debuted and delays occur when 9,000 gals of 120 Minute IPA is flagged by authorities.

You guys have internet but have never heard of Thepiratebay?
U can find almost any tv show on there.

be warned that big brother is watching torrents and you could be in big trouble depending on where you live.

don't ask me how I know...

-=Jason=-

Back