Brew license

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big_Cat

Reaction score
Has anyone here ever tried jumping through the US red tape bulls***?

If any of the companies that are huge today had to go through all of the craziness we would have never had beer in the US .. its disgusting how many people want your money before you can make a penny and when you make a penny then they want a share.... smh

I would be willing to bet that those companies that are huge today have played a major role in creating the laws that make it so difficult for new breweries to start up.

As is so often the case in many areas of business.

Our biggest obstacle to the creation of more micro breweries here in Texas (other than the typical governmental regulatory b.s.) is the state law requiring sales via a licensed distributor. The distributors oppose any efforts to get it repealed and thus preserve their state-created monopoly.

I've had to jump through so many hoops and smile when what i really wanted to do is choke someone that i am glad i brew beer because when i get home I'm able to drink something that actually calms me...Word of advice to anyone with a dream of selling their great brew ...have deep pockets but look broke. Every office you walk into wants money for pointing you in the.directions of the next handout

As is so often the case in many areas of business.

Our biggest obstacle to the creation of more micro breweries here in Texas (other than the typical governmental regulatory b.s.) is the state law requiring sales via a licensed distributor. The distributors oppose any efforts to get it repealed and thus preserve their state-created monopoly.

Micro-breweries can still self-distribute in Texas to retail establishments and bars as long as they are under a yearly bbl limit, somewhere in the 20,000 range I believe. I know multiple breweries in Dallas that self-distribute.

The laws that are bad relate to Breweries selling on site, and brew-pubs selling off-site. Changes to those laws have been proposed in the state senate currently. Here's to hoping for change!

Micro-breweries can still self-distribute in Texas to retail establishments and bars as long as they are under a yearly bbl limit, somewhere in the 20,000 range I believe. I know multiple breweries in Dallas that self-distribute.

The laws that are bad relate to Breweries selling on site, and brew-pubs selling off-site. Changes to those laws have been proposed in the state senate currently. Here's to hoping for change!

It's less than 75,000 bbls to self distribute in Texas right now. Theres a bill going around to let breweries that make 125,000 bbls to self distribute up to 40,000 bbls, as well as letting out of state breweries have some self distributing rights too.

Whether it's 75K bbls or 125K bbls, such restrictions defy common sense and are anti-free market.

One can only wonder how businesses and customers would react if you placed the same annual sales limitations on those who bake cakes or sell smoked turkeys.

Whether it's 75K bbls or 125K bbls, such restrictions defy common sense and are anti-free market.

One can only wonder how businesses and customers would react if you placed the same annual sales limitations on those who bake cakes or sell smoked turkeys.

Its a red tape mess

We are far from the only state with the three tier system, self distributing up to 75k bbls is pretty awesome, that is a HUGE brewery to get to that point.

Saint Arnolds hasn't even hit that capacity yet.

We are far from the only state with the three tier system, self distributing up to 75k bbls is pretty awesome, that is a HUGE brewery to get to that point.

Saint Arnolds hasn't even hit that capacity yet.

Please don't get me wrong. I'm glad that we're not as bad as some other states, but I have a difficult time seeing a sensible, legitimate purpose behind those types of regulations.

Latest posts

Back